Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sweet Kittens

     This card is somewhat outside my norm but since it has a couple of precious baby kittens on it, it's not totally outside the scope of my creativity.  :-D  Tuesday Throwdown has a new challenge starting this morning and our wonderful sponsor is Lawn Fawn.  Our theme is "Texture."
   
     Let me show you the card first and then I'll give you all the details.


     Let's start with the Lawn Fawn papers.  All the papers on the card are from Lawn Fawn and for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the stack.  The baby kitten images are from an old calendar.  They were just too cute to throw out so I saved them in a scrap box.  Two of the papers I die cut with one of my tag dies.  I think this is the first time I've ever used tags on a card and I rarely make tags except for the holidays and occasionally (very occasionally!) for a birthday gift.  I edged the tags with distress inks to match the edges of the images.

     The background paper with the teeny-tiny polka dots was neutral enough to showcase the papers used for the tags.  After I had adhered the tags to the background paper and the card front, I used a pawprint embossing folder and embossed the top and bottom, leaving the middle plain.  I distressed a couple of spots on the pawprints with an emory board to enhance the look.  Since the embossing goes all the way through the card front, it gave the card some nice texture.

     For embellishment, I used only the ribbon and the double bow.  I'm going to use this as a new baby card, what do you think?  Nice CAS design if you allow for my "white" space being light brown.  :-D

     Challenges:
Art Impressions
Artistic Stamper
Crafty Catz
Crafty Friends
Di's Digi Designs
In the Pink
Lunagirl Moonbeams
Paper Creator's Crafts
Scrapper's Delights
Simply Papercraft
Sister Act
Sisters of Craft
Wags 'n Whiskers
Your Scrapbook Place

     I hope you're going to think about texture and come play along with us this week.  I love being inspired by all the entries and I get such great ideas from  all of you.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

  1. A card with kitties is a sure winner for me, NC. The little darlings are such a distraction from your lovely background. :)
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you went outside of your norm for this one because it is a total success. I, like you, hardly ever use tags on cards, but this one and your placement of the tags is ideal. Love those embossed paws. White or brown space - either looks good. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, love the image of the two kitties, great show of texture.
    Sorry not been around much of late, loved all your cards especially the three Owls lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is really precious Connie!! Love the kitty photos and the texture with the paw prints make a perfect back drop for them!! I really love this one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card! Terrific idea to recycle the cute kitty images. They were definitely too cute to throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious card and a great save for an old calendar! I love the tags and background embossing, and how clever to use this for a new baby greeting! Fun and sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh what an adorable card...super sweet fluffy kittens!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering the 'Clean and Simple' Challenge at Crafty Friends with your beautiful card.. hope to see you again and Good Luck
    Diane Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute design, love the little tags :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink!
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't blame you for not wanting to toss those cute pictures of kitties! They're precious!! Love the way you designed this with the tags a fun papers. The embossing just sets off the entire card too. LOVE IT!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and love the beautiful tags. These kittens look beautiful.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kitties! I really like your layout and the use of tags on a card. Great idea! And of course I love the kitties! Thanks for sharing your card in my Animals challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com ~ Karen Lunagirl

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh, this is so adorable. I love the tags, the texture and - EEK! - I want to kiss those kitty faces. Good call on not tossing that calendar.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute NC. Love those tags and the fun embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Connie thank you for joining us over on Crafty Catz on this week's challenge
    Dianne x
    CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these. So creative and they back for wonderful cards. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your comment on Mum and babe.
    They are even more super cute up close and personal :)
    Will post more picks soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad I'm not the only one with calendar pieces in my stash, only I don't have adorable kitty pics like this! Love your EF with the paw prints and the tags are a fun touch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous kitties, I agree they're far to cute to throw out!
    Love those papers too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your work! Thanks for Joining us at Di's Digital images challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card- the pictures plus the embossing plus the colors- fabulous! The tags you created- too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely! thank you so much for joining in with us over at the Artistic Stamper, x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card, I like the textured paws. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would never think this style card was outside your norm if you hadn't told me. Kitties, pretty card, warm colors is all you....ok...so there was no purple.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awww so cute, these kittens are adorable, love it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.