Saturday, August 15, 2015

Christmas Owls

     I know, I know, everybody thinks of owls as being for fall harvest or Halloween but I want you to know that these three little owls are sending a message about the Christmas season, especially concerning all those presents hidden away in the hallway closet.  :-D  The image is from AuroraWings, where their challenge theme is "Anything with Wings."   Isn't it adorable?


     I used ProMarkers to color the image, then bordered it with white paper and matted it with dp from Recollections.   I added two other dp (also Recollections) and did the faux stitching (or doodling, depending on how you see it) with a white gel pen.   I love the tiny polka dots!   The three pearls came from my stash.  How's this for a CAS design even though it has 3 different papers and 4 layers?

     Challenges:
ABC Christmas
Art Impressions
C.R.A.F.T.
Crafting from the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Fab n Funky
Holly Jolly Christmas
Outlawz Greetings
Sweet Stamps

     One more card for the Christmas stash!  It's coming along nicely and I'm averaging about 1 per week.  I'll end up doing 3 or 4 per week as the fall weeks progress and I'm sure I'll have enough for all my needs plus extras for the grandkids to use.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

  1. This image is adorable. Love your doodling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doodling gives this that extra little oomph and is such a cute idea! Love these little guys and it makes a great card for Christmas.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I love owls and these are gorgeous, fabulous Christmas card too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card, Connie. I love that style of faux stitching. I have tried and tried again, but just can't get it all the same size so I finally gave up. I will just admire yours instead. LOL Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your owls are adorable and your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are darling little owls, Connie! Our woodsy owls are vocal all year, so they would make perfect companions! Very sweet CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh! I love this - the image and sentiment. Your design is beautiful too.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow they look great. I like the branches all around them.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    Hope we see you again and good luck in the draw.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, what a cutie of an image NanaConnie!!!! Great coloring and fun doodling. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous!.Colour combo and that image is super cute! ! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge. Good luck . Neva

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh these owls are adorable and so is your card! I also love your doodling! Thanks for playing along with us over at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a wonderful Christmas Card. So creative. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, this is just adorable NanaC! I love those little owls!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are on a roll, this is fabulous, love that image

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORgeous card! Fun and adorable image. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww...such a cute card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at the CRAFT Challenge. Shona x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an adorable idea, Connie! those little owls make a perfect Christmas card and the sentiment is a hoot! (sorry, I just couldn't resist. LOL) Thanks so much for joining our "Anything with Wings" Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you used this trio of owls image for a holiday card! It's perfect!! So clever and so charming. ^_^ Thank you for joining our "Anything with Wings" challenge at Aurora Wings, NanaConnie!

    Mitzi xxx
    Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cutie! And, already starting a card pile for the holidays. Different I think and I love this little card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so adorable NanaC! I love the layout and all your fabulous finishing touches. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Aurora Wings for our "Anything With Wings Challenge" good luck and hope to see you again soon. Huge Hugz, Lorraine DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great card - thanks for joining us at the Fab'n'Funky Challenge and I hope you'll join us again next time.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.