Thursday, August 13, 2015

Birthdays and Fairies at Aud Sentiments

     Sadly, this is my last DT card for Aud Sentiments.  All my travel and absence this month and next make it impossible to continue for an additional term.  I'll miss all the wonderful ladies over there (sniff.)  But our new challenge theme is "Fairies" and our sponsor is Sweet Pea Stamps, who provided images for the DT to use.  The one I used is called "Dragon Keeper."


     I chose to do a 'birth' day card, celebrating the day of arrival for a new one.   After all, what birthday is more special than the actual day you're born?  I chose my three favorite colors for baby cards - pastel blue, pink, and green.  The image is colored with chalk markers for soft colors and I added glitter to the fairy's wings.  I fussy cut the image.

     I added several die cuts and punched pieces for embellishments (Cheery Lynn, Spellbinders, & Memory Box) and used sparkly, metallic cord in pink, blue, and green.  Everything was layered onto a kraft card base.

     Challenges:
ArtbyMiran
Chalk n Stock
Connie Can Crop
Crafts Galore Encore
Digistamps 4 Joy
Dream Factory
Emerald Fairies
Frosted Designs
In the Pink
Outlawz PAM
Paper Creator's Crafts
Petal Lu
Scrapper's Delights
Scribbles Designs
Sisters of Craft
Your Scrapbook Place

     Come play in our "Fairies" challenge at Aud Sentiments.  Don't forget to add a sentiment to your card.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

28 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Very pretty "birth" day card, Commie. Your colors are so nice together. I'm sure your talents will be missed at Aud Sentiments. Enjoy the day.

Donna Ellis said...

This is so pretty, Connie! Love your color choices especially in her hair!

Faith A said...

Aw! how lovely and a quite different but beautiful baby card.

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Connie, aw what a shame, I am sure you will be missed. Another beautiful card and love this image too with the baby dragon.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jo said...

Beautiful.....a lovely image & such pretty colours.
hugs Jo x

I have a birthday candy on my blog if you'd like to join in.....
You can find my candy here

KarinsArtScrap said...

Nanaconnie this is beautiful
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

jimlynn said...

Just beautiful and love the design on this Connie! I know you're going to be missed on the DT. Hope you're having a great vacation!
Lynn

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Totally fab and lovely design. Love the details and digi. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Frosted Designs!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Oh this is so sweet and it reminds me of the new baby I got today. A neighbour found an injured baby pigeon on the road last night. She turned it over to me today and I am feeding it cornmeal gruel with an infant medicine syringe.
Hugs,
Teresa

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- love the layout and pretty colors too : ) I love baby cards alot. N Grandchildren for me yet, gotta get some kids married off first (hehehe)..... They will miss you on the DT for sure. Hope your travels have been great!

Connie Wallenbrock said...

Stunning card. Love the soft pastels. Thank you for entering at Connie can crop. Scrappy hugs.

Conny G. said...

Really gorgeous card! I love your colouring!
Thanks for joining us at Dream Factory!
Hugs,
Conny

Jackie C said...

Wow, great work, well done and good luck!
Hugs, Jackie
Digistamps4Joy.DT
Member

Veronica Tovar said...

Wow, such a cute chalked up image and card. I like your color palette. Thank you for entering our monthly challenge at Connie can Crop. Good luck.

Sassy Raggedy said...

What a creative card. I love the coloring with the chalk. Lovely work. Hugs joann


Sandy Sommerfeld said...

Such a beautiful card...

Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs #31 Birthday Bonanza Challenge... be sure to drop by the blog for the weekly Freebie Friday image and monthly free image on our challenge...

Sandy S
(Owner/Designer Scribbles Designs)

*Vicki* said...

I'm sure they'll miss you on the Aud Sentiments team, I enjoy playing there! Fabulous creation! I love the soft colors and what a stunning fairy too!! :)

Dawn Lancaster said...

Very pretty card! I love the image & the pastel colours are just perfect!
Hugs
Dawn xx

lorby said...

I love fairies and such a great card that you made. Thanks for sharing at Chalk N Stock.

Christine L said...

A very pretty card with a gorgeous image and layout..

Thanks for joining in the fun at In The Pink - good luck and hope we see you again soon!

Christine (ITP DT)

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

What A fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way...
Thank you for taking part in the Art By Miran Challenge ... Hugs Tracy

Jo said...

Lovely card, so special. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge. We hope you can join us again next month. Jo x

Denise said...

What a lovely card! Love the images and the detail!! Thank you for sharing with us at DS4J. Good Luck!!
Crafty Hugs
Denise
http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/
http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.co.uk/

Angela said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for entering at Connie Can Crop!

Angela ~ DT

Jacee said...

Thanks for joining us with your lovely creation in this months challenge at Paper Creator, hope you’ll come and join us next time too, good luck!
Hugs Jacee ---- Paper Creator Design Team
Simply Paper Card Design

Daphne/Scrapsofstuff said...

Beautiful fairy card! Great use of chalk. Thanks for participating in the Connie Can Crop Monthly Challenge!

Helen said...

A great card.

Thanks for joining us at the Sisters of Craft Challenge.

Helen x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digi Stamps 4 Joy. Hope to see you again next time.