Thursday, July 16, 2015

They Followed a Star

     Even this snowman knows that the Bethlehem star was a sign leading to the Reason for the Season.  This is the next card I've done in the week-long, Christmas in July challenge at Catch the Bug and again, I've used a Bugaboo Stamps image.


The theme at Catch the Bug today is this inspiration photo.


OK, so my snowman isn't basking in the tropics
but he's smart enough to know he'd melt.  :-D

     On this card, I decided it was time for something shabby and distressed so after coloring the image, I added a bit of glitter to the star and sparkle gel ink to the snowman, then I tore the image instead of using a die to cut it.  I curled the upper corner and found a bow of exactly the right color.

     The striped dp was a scrap left on my desk but I thought the colors worked.  I added glitter to the die cut flowers and backed them with a leaf die cut (Cheery Lynn.)  Distressed but simple.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
AAA Cards
ArtbyMiran
Come and Get It
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Boots
Dragon's Lair
Get Creative
Love to Scrap
Outlawz Colors
Stamplorations
Through the Craft Room Door
Whoopsi Daisy

     I have another post coming up right after this one for the new challenge over at Aud Sentiments.  I hope you stop by again to see it and even come play along with us.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

23 comments:

  1. Like the snowman with distressed torn paper edges. Looks like there are 6 of us so far that have entered all the days.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cutie from Bugaboo! Love your coloring on this little guy too. Great card for the holidays - that will be here before we know it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Christmas card. Such a fun snowman and love how you have coloured him. Thanks for joining our challenge at Whoopsi Daisy and hope you will come back soon. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love these adorable snowmen and you've done a stunning job using him on your design Connie! :) That inspirational photo is too fun!! Awesome to see all of these Christmas designs all over blogland this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I really like your design with the ripped paper and the chosen sentiment. Good luck in our challenges!
    Pia, Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous! And your colouring is fantastic! Great colour combo and that image is super! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this snowman and his great message,brilliant card,thanks for joining us over at get creative challenges.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Christmas card, I love the shabby look. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love that snowman. Great colouring and how perfect for that photo inspiration. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute snowman and I love all the torn distressed looking paper edges. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so charming and cute. Thanks for sharing with us at the Come And Get It challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute image. I love the way you gave it a religious twist. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap. Way to go on starting those Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love snowmen! This card is great. Thank you so much for playing in our neighbourhood 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope you stop by to play again next week.
    Keep Smilin',
    Stacey xxx
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely vintage card! Nice touch tearing all of the papers instead of die-cutting!

    Thanks for joining us at Love To Scrap! Best of luck in your entry!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great snowman -- and a good jump on getting your holiday cards done early. Thank you for your challenge entry at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for taking part in our art by miran challenge,
    I very much enjoyed looking at your project and all
    the time and detail you put into it, good luck hugs tracy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute snowman! I love the glittered star & the gorgeous papers you've used!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super card thanks for joining us at Whoopsi daisy Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi NanaConnie love the snowman and torn edges-thank you for joining us at Crafty Boots
    Carol GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous. Your snowman is colored so perfectly! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
    Sara
    TTCRD DT
    FP3 {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun Xmas card!Thanks for joining us at AAA cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute snowman and love the little blue detail. Lovely sentiment too. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations July challenge, hope to see you joining us again.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.