Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Puppy Dog Tails...

     Any of you who have raised boys in your family are no doubt familiar with that phrase about Puppy Dog Tails.  This card I've done, using the freebie image for this month from the Outlawz Progressive Challenge, seemed just perfect for a card celebrating just being a boy.  Any time one of my boy kids (whether mine or one of the grands or great-grands) came in with an innocent look on his face (like this one,) I knew it was time to check all the pockets for frogs and lizards!
   

     The image is colored with chalk markers and then fussy cut, leaving the smallest possible white border.  I dug through the scrap bin and found the blue and the yellow CS.  The polka dot papers are from First Edition.  The twine came from The Twinery originally but I've had it in my stash for longer than I can remember.  Of course, I'm old so my memory may be shorter than I realize.  :-D

     Challenges:

     May the boys in your life come home with empty pockets!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie 

17 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Connie fantastic boy's card love the image and the sentiments and so true its amazing what comes out of pockets. Love Alison xx

*Vicki* said...

This is such a wonderful design Connie!! Fabulous colors for a boy and a fun image too!! :)

Anne Temple said...

Such a fun card and great design.

Linda Simpson said...

What a fabulous card! I love the sentiments, exactly how boys are too and some girls!
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Many a time I found a frog in my sons pants - and cookies, screws, etc. too! LOL! Cute image and such a cute, cute card Connie. Love the sentiment. We always said "snips and snails and puppy dog tails".
Lynn

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love how you color with those chalks. Wonderful card. Hugs, joann

Jackie Scott said...

Delightful card - brings back memories of my 3 boys! Great colors and cute sentiment!

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a perfect card for a boy. I love the way you laid your papers out. The sunflower yellow with navy blue is striking.
Hugs,
Teresa

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a perfect card for a boy. I love the way you laid your papers out. The sunflower yellow with navy blue is striking.
Hugs,
Teresa

Blankina said...

What a great male card ! Thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at Crafty Friends , hope to see you soon, hugs Blankina

everything with stickles.blogspot.com said...

What a fab boys card, love it, thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

Asha said...

Fabulous card, NC. The image, colours and design are perfect for a boy.
hugs, Asha

sam said...

such a stunning card and I love the colours, thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Sam DT x

Dawn Lancaster said...

LOL! How true about that innocent look!
Cute image & I love the sentiments you've added!
Hugs
Dawn xx

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Friends.
Mags
x

M DelValle said...

Wonderful card! Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights! Maria

lorby said...

Hi! This is Jearise from Chalk N Stock and I'm sorry that Mr. Linky wasn't working for you. I included you in our line up for the drawing as number 16. Your card is absolutely adorable and sorry for Mr. Linky not working for you.