Thursday, July 2, 2015

Making a Splash with Mallards

     Have you ever started with a particular idea in mind for a card and then the card goes sideways during creation and becomes something else?  This card did that and the wonderful part is that I love it even more than my original idea!  Each time I look at it, I end up saying (to myself), "Whoa, yeah!  That's great!"  :-D

     This is my DT card for the July challenge at Pattie's Creations and the image is called "Mallards." Our theme this month is "Make a Splash" meaning that your image/project must have water.


     I started by coloring the image with my ProMarkers and I added a bit of opal glitter to the heads and tails of the mallards so that they would look a bit iridescent, the way actual mallard feathers are.  Then I was digging through all my dies and, at that point, I decided it would be fun to make this into a shaped card.  So I chose 3 of the dies from my set of octagons to cut the image, the mat, and the card base itself.  
     I used sparkly green ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon and then added a bow made from brown satin ribbon.  I dressed up the bow with pale green pearls and finally added the sentiment.

     Challenges:

     I'll have another post in just a few hours but this one had to post earliest.  Check back after 6:00 a.m. EDT for the new QKR Stampede Friday post.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous Birthday card. Love the ducks. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, yeah is RIGHT! FABULOUS!!! Great card for a guy and just a wonderful card anyway. LOVE IT!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Aren't patties images so great to work with? i used this one last month! You did a great job.... Thanks for sharing with us this week, at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, Dt x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. great masculine card. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Caq5rds this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this little scene!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card - I love how you colored this, and the added effect on the wings. Thank you for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion:)
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your coloring and the shape of the card! Beautiful!
    Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this shape! You have done a beautiful job creating this. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome birthday card! Love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Greetings challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great image! Thanks for joining our No Rulz Blog Hop at LTSCB!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a really cool masculine image here!! I also love the fact that you've made it into this wonderful shape style card!! Wonderfully done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love the shape! Thank you for joining us at Melonheadz and hope to see you again soon! :) ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Connie, this is a great card. Love it. Coloring is wonderful.Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Nana Connie, this is so nice! I love how you colored my Mallards image.

    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. NC - beautiful coloring on the Mallards image! Great choice for a water themed card!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.