Saturday, July 11, 2015

It's Your Day!

     Today's card uses a freebie for the FB progressive challenge at My Whimsical Little World, which would have been perfect for a 4th of July celebration but I chose to use it as a birthday card.



I based this design on the Outlawz Sketch challenge
and I used colors from the inspiration photo 

  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982012361649/

     I used pastels and ProMarkers to color the image, then die cut it with a Deckle Rectangle die from Spellbinders.  The sentiment was printed with a computer font, then also die cut.  The dp is a left over scrap from the 'Linen Closet' stack by DCWV, one of my long time favorites.  The stitched ribbon and the polka dot ribbon were both hiding in my stash, just waiting to be used.  I added the two little sequins as a bit of glitz on this otherwise pretty CAS card.

     Challenges:
Crafting with an Attitude
Digitally Sweet
Inky Impressions
Inspiration Destination
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Simply Papercraft
Sister Act
Sisterhood of Crafters
Wags n Whiskers

     That's it for now but I may have another post later today if I get the project finished.  I have a very lazy weekend planned, reading a book by James Patterson, and dawdling in the garden.  I picked my first watermelon (it's chillin' in the fridge) and the tomatoes have taken over the entire raised bed in which they were planted.  One plant is more than 4 feet wide now and I've been picking 3 to 4 tomatoes every day!  I can't eat that many myself so family and neighbors have been taking up the slack.  The bugs and field mice are getting their share, too!

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Dawn Lancaster said...

Cute little card! I love the cut away corner in the sketch!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Such a sweet creation Connie! Fabulous design! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Terri's Cards N' More said...

Beautiful job following the sketch. Adorable image and great layout. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Birthday" challenge.

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, I love the image and beautiful colour combination.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Cute card and love the design on here. That little girl looks like she's celebrating someones birthday as it should be!
Wow on your garden!! That's wonderful. Nothing better than a fresh tomato either.
Lynn

Teresa Arsenault said...

Sweet! Great coloring, especially the hair.
Hugs,
Teresa

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

What a creative design. Love everything about this! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hey NC, you sure keep busy...How adorable your card is. I love the image and yes perfect for the 4th....Great sketch...Hugs, joann

*Vicki* said...

She is just as sweet as can be Connie!! :) REALLY love your layout design here!! Yes...our tomatoes are starting to really come out of our garden! I'm going to be busy canning here shortly!! LOL!

adziamar said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Sisterhood Crafters challenge

Glittertastic said...

A great layout for a card - I love the greeting peeping out of the corner! Thanks for playing this week at Simply Papercraft - join us again soon!

Sharon (Glittertastic) - DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper