Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Eight Maids a Milking

     Tuesday Throwdown is jumping on the "Christmas in July" bandwagon and our sponsor this week is Bugaboo Stamps.  They generously supplied images for the team to use, although I used an older one I already had in my collection.  I picked "8 Maids-a-Milking" which is part of the 12 Days of Christmas set.  Every image in that set is adorable and I have made several cards with them in ast years.  One year I did all my gift tags using the set.  Here's my card for today.


 I based this on the sketch from The Outlawz.


      I colored the image with ProMarkers, the used dies from Spellbinders to cut and mat it.  The dp for the mat is from Authentique.  The additional two papers were in my Christmas stash and the sparkly red ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I printed the sentiment (also part of the Bugaboo set) and used a third die to cut it.  The pearl swirls were in my stash.

     Challenges:
Card Mania
Crafty Hazelnut's
Cute as a Button
Digistamps 4 Joy
Emerald Faeries
Fairy Tale
Karleigh Sue
Outlawz PAM
Petal Lu
Simply Papercraft
Sister Act
SLS Lines
Sparkles Forum Christmas
Winter Wonderland

     OK, I know that for the last week I've really been obsessed with Christmas but since I hadn't done any Christmas cards or tags up until then, I'm just catching up.  :-D  Come play along with us this week, and if you haven't started either, this would be the perfect time.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is so fun NanaConnie and I love the red and black and the flourishes.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

applejack cards by sue said...

A very cute image, beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Simply Papercraft. Sue DT xx

Kim said...

This is so cute NC! Love those dies and the flourishes look wonderful. I love your take on the sketch.

Kren Kurts said...

Cute card! I love Bugaboo images! kReN

Asha said...

What a cute little milkmaid! The swirly pearly thingy... LOVE that! In top form, NC...as always.
hugs Asha

*Vicki* said...

Oh Connie, she is so sweet!! :) Really love your layout with the pearl swirls and elegant Christmas design!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Fab design. Love the texture and those gorgeous die cuts. Sorry I have not been around. Bad back has put me out out commission.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous! I love the maid a milking she is gorgeous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

NanaConnie sweet and wonderful card
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin


Veronique Baadjou said...

Very pretty! Love the image
Veronique Cute as a button DT

Patricia Alvarez said...

Very cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge, good luck!!!

Davi said...

Very pretty NC, I love the colors you used with the sweet image and those pretty pearls, kind of like milk splattering :)

Cazro said...

A super cute card. So pleased you shared with us at Sparkles Christmas Caz

Sassy Raggedy said...

Cute as can be Connie...Hugs joann

Debi said...

Wonderful die cuts. I love die cuts. So happy you've back on the team. Hugs, Debi

Ina said...

Great project. Thank you for joining the challenge over at Cute As A Button!

jimlynn said...

Wonderful card for Christmas and so cute. Love the die you used for the sentiment too. You're really rocking those Christmas cards!
Lynn

Dawn Lancaster said...

Love this little card!
I was having a look at those images & might just have to spend some pennies after seeing this cutie made up!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Polka Dot Rosie said...

This is just so cute! I love the image and the die cuts you used :) Thank you for joining us at DS4J this month!
Sara
www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Desire Fourie said...

NanaConnie this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

scrapfantazje said...

Beautiful:) Thanks for sharing it with us for Card Mania Challenge.
Good Luck!
Marzena DT

Ileana A. said...

Lovely funny creation!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Crafting Vicky said...

super cute! Love the Die cuts you have used on this!

Thanks for joining the monthly challenge here at Karleigh Sue challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

Kimbo said...

What a cute and fun card

Thanks for playing along at Sparkles Christmas challenge this month x

Anne Lise Johannessen said...

Nice card :) Thanks for joining us at Karleigh Sue. Good luck. Hope to see you again next time!

Anne Lise ~dt~