Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Christmas Cottage

     Many of you will remember that I served on the DT of Tuesday Throwdown for more than 3 years and that was one of the best teams ever.  I love them dearly and have returned to the team.  I just couldn't stay away!  Thanks for letting me come back, ladies.  :-D

      A new challenge starts today and the challenge theme is "No Patterned Paper."  Our sponsor is Robyn's Fetish.  They gave us some wonderful images to use and I've finally done my first Christmas card for this year.


I chose the colors from Color My Heart
and did the house in kraft.


     I used my ProMarkers to color the image and then added some glitter to the snow.  I deliberately made the door red so that I could do a winter scene with the red, white, and blue combo so common to July challenge themes.   Of course, a red door is also perfect for Christmas scenes.

     I die cut the image (my first ever Spellbinders die set so pretty old) and layered it onto another die cut (QuicKutz.)  I cut the sentiment to match the scallops on the image cut.  The snowflakes are die cuts, also a set by Spellbinders.  I added pale blue glitter to them.  Everything is adhered to a solid-colored card front made from new CS I bought just last weekend.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Art Impressions
Brown Sugar
Christmas Stampin' all Year Long
Crafts 4 Eternity
Crafty Calendar (+ DT call)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Crimbo Crackers
DL.ART Thankful Thursday
Emerald Faeries
Frosted Designs
Little Miss Muffet
One Stitch at a Time
Outlawz Coloring
Paper Creator's Crafts
Paper Sweeties
Quirky Crafts
Robyn's Fetish
Sassy Studio Designs (top row)
Winter Wonderland

     I hope you'll come play with us this week.  It's so much fun being back with Tuesday Throwdown and I'd love to see what you can create with no patterned dp.  :-D  NanaConnie

35 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!! We sure miss you :-) I love the shadows on the cottage and the dies are so pretty against the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card and I love the glitter. Like how you thought of July themes with this Christmas card. Thank You for joining us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA on that first Christmas card for the year - and it's as pretty as can be! Love the little house and it's framed out so cute. Love it!
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I need to start on Christmas myself!! :) This is a wonderful image and you've done a wonderful job show-casing it Connie!! Love the sparkly snowflakes here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, Congrats on DT.
    I just love your card! The design and the image is perfect. Thanks for joining the Brown Sugar Challenge. We hope to see more of your creations here.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Connie! Another gorgeous Christmas card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely little winter cottage image! The snowflakes add such pretty sparkle!! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Paper Sweeties this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at CSAYL.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being part of the team again!
    I love you debut card! Well done on
    making a start with the C word!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. And a lovely Christmas card indeed for your first one this year. Congrats for being on the team again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cart to start the Christmas season. Thank you for playing along this week with Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun red, white and blue card. Thanks for joining my DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY CHALLENGE #159 , Red, white and blue. Have a blessed day, DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty. I love your little cottage and the bit of glitter on the roof. Snow does truly glitter like that in places. I should know. ;)
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect holiday card for incorporating red, white, and blue - well done!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity!! ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun way to use red, white and blue. Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Christmas card NC...Just gets me in the spirit. LoL Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 236 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a sweet card, Connie! Your coloring is amazing--the shadows are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what a lovely Christmas card, gorgeous image used and just how I imagine winter to be :) :) :) Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT this fortnight. Big hugs, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice Christmas card! Yay for getting started on them. Thanks for joining the Ai challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card and great design. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card design NanaConnie. Love the colors, details and image. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back, NC! SO great to have you back - we missed you. Love this card. Seems its it's too soon to think about Christmas but it's we here before we know it! This card will come in handy!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  24. I never thought of this week's colors in terms of Christmas, and thank you for showing me! This is very creative! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card with lovely colors, image and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge, Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thought I recognised this card. I just left you a comment over at The Outlawz too! Such a great Christmas card. Thanks for joining in the Dare To Be Sassy Challenge this time.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Sassy Studio Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs and Paper Sweeties!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pretty! Thank you so much for joining us in our Paper Sweeties Red, White & Blue Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice card, superb image !
    Thanks for your participation at the Paper Creator challenge !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great Card. Thanks for sharing at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card NanaConnie, that image is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous card! Thank you for joining in with my 'Christmas in July' Quirky Crafts challenge! Winners will be annouced later today!!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful! Thanks for entering Crimbo Crackers - hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful - a lovely traditional image.

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.