Thursday, July 30, 2015

Cat's Christmas


     It's Thursday and we have a new challenge starting at Aud Sentiments today.  We have a sketch for our theme this fortnight and we have two sponsors: Lacy Sunshine and Stitchy Bear.  They each provided images for the DT and the one I used is "Kat Tree" by Ike's Art, sold through Stitchy Bear.


Here's our sketch, and I used the colors from Catch the Bug.

   
   
     I don't know about any of you but sharing my living space with felines often means that they will claim as "theirs" things which were originally meant for human enjoyment.  That includes things like beds, clean laundry just out of the dryer (in a basket waiting to be folded), embellishment flowers left unattended on the craft desk, and most especially, the Christmas tree in whatever stage of adornment it is when the shiny baubles catch their eye.

     Obviously, this image was something I had to use for another Christmas card.   Colored with ProMarkers, die cut using a border die from Spellbinders along one side, and matted with forest green CS.  The green snowflake was also cut with a die from Spellbinders.  The sentiment says it all!  :-D

     Challenges:

Cardz 4 Guyz (tree)
Christmas Card Challenge
Corrosive Challenge
Crafty Boots
Di's Digi Designs
Digi Choosday
Dragonfly Journeys
Glitter n Sparkle (bear, baubles)
Going Grey with Scrap Creations
Hiding in My Craft Room
Little Claire's
My Time to Craft
Robyn's Fetish
SLS Lines
Stitchy Bear

     I hope we're going to see you playing along at Aud Sentiments.  That sketch is so versatile!   Check out the DT samples this week to see how each card is clearly based on the sketch but they all look so different.  Then get inspired and do a card for the challenge.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie  

27 comments:

Kim said...

So cute!! That cat is one adorable fluff ball.

ike said...

Marvelous - great colouring and I love the green showing through there. :-D
Thank you for making such a great project using our Digis.
It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

Best wishes,

IKE x

DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

Jane Willis said...

Really cute- I can just picture a cat taking over like that. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

*Vicki* said...

Really adorable image Connie!! I love your take on the layout too!! :) SO FUN!

Donna Hanley said...

Just adorable image and I love the card you turned it into. Enjoy your day, Connie.

Cazro said...

A lovley cute card. So pleased you joined us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Andrea W said...

Darling Christmas card! I really love the image and the sentiment sounds like it came from a cat. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Linda Simpson said...

Such an adorable Christmas card and so love the cut kitties.
Hugs
Linda xxx

sue k said...

Very pretty card, adorable image. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue - HIMCR DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Dee's Craft Room said...

Very sweet card, I remember my cat doing just that when she was young, I had a lot of baubles to replace that year. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Teresa Arsenault said...

She is so pretty; she almost looks like Honey.
Yes, the rule is: Everything belongs to the cat.
Hugs,
Teresa

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Christmas Cards Challenge this month!
Monica - CCC DT

Sassy Raggedy said...

How lovely this is NC...I love those dies and it is just beautiful. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. Hugs, joann

Laurence said...

Such a cute card, thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
Laurence DT

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, this is beautiful!

Julie B said...

Sweet kitty image, the sentiment reminds me of our little dog, more cat than dog!
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

tanya miller said...

Very cute card. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Animal Challenge (DT)

Sarahjayne Brown said...

Fabulous Card. Thank you for joining us at Glitter N Sparkle blog challenge x DT Sarahjayne x

~ginny said...

Interesting die cut on the image panel NC! Making the snowflake into the circle in the sketch was creative too!

Enjoy your vacation!
~ginny
RubberMAD

Pia S said...

I'm a cat lover and I really like this sweet image and how the sentiment adds a bit of fun to your card. Very nice!
Thanks for joining in our color challenge over at Catch the bug and good luck!

Jeannie said...

This is really a fun kitty image, and so perfect for a cat lover too! Such an awesome Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining my Christmas in July challenge this week.

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Dawn Lancaster said...

Brilliant card, I love that image & the fogorgeous diecuts you've used! Perfect sentiment too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Samantha Brooks said...

Fantastic Card, this made me smile as I have this problem every Xmas.
My Furbaby has a tendency to sit on any paper he sees, including the one I am usually trying to colour lol. Though when he come for kisses and cuddles I forgive him. Thank you for joining us this week at Glitter N Sparkle. Good Luck and all the best.
Samantha (AngelicBadGirl)
DT Owner glitternsparkle

Asha said...

Oh soooooo cute!!!
xxx Asha

Lynsey said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining in with the Little Claire Digi Challenge this time!
Hugs Lynsey x

Joan said...

Cute image and oh so true,my cats try to demolish my tree every year

Thanks for joining us at cardz4guys this week

Joan

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely card
thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday xx