Friday, July 17, 2015

Big Ornament for a Big Tree

     This is my final entry for Catch the Bug's Christmas in July challenges.  Today we have to "Pick a Present" each of which has a recipe to follow, and use a Bugaboo image.  My recipe is "Ribbon, Image, & Stitching."


I based this on the sketch from Cheerful Sketches.


     Santa is colored with ProMarkers and I added a bit of cotton to his face for his hair and beard.  The die I used to cut out the image is from Spellbinders.  The papers came from my Christmas stash and are so old I have no idea who made them but they could be either Bo Bunny or Authentique.  Either way, they are probably so old they aren't in stock any more.  :-D  Both  red ribbons were also in my stash.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long
C.R.A.F.T.
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
DL.ART
Live and Love Crafts
Sweet Stamps
Winter Wonderland

     I hope you've had as much fun with Christmas this week as I have.   I have a few cards in my stash now that I won't have to rush around and do in December and will probably keep making one or two each week from this point forward.  That will give me what I need for the season when it finally arrives.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

  1. LOL! That Santa beard is priceless! PRECIOUS CARD!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super cute . I love that big ornament that Santa is caryying
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #160 “Christmas in July” Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the sketch and that cotton beard was prefect. Guess I need to start on my holiday cards real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute image! Love your fab take on the sketch. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love his beard, great idea and fabulous interpretation of the sketch.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I love his beard, awesome card! Thanks NanaConnie for joining us for Christmas in July at Catch the Bug good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at CSAYL. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilariously, this digital stamp. I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee Hee, what a cute Santa! Can you just imagine trying to put that bauble on your tree!
    I love his fluffy beard too!
    Great litte Christmas card!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute...I love the cotton beard. I am still giggling...lol Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Loving this cute Santa and the fun beard you added- and the stitching is a perfect accent! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh this had me LOL!!! :) LOVE the beard on Santa here NC!! Really fabulous Christmas design!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woooohaaaaahaha!!! This is hillarious! The beart is great, Santa has such a funny look. It makes me laugh. Wonderful image and sentiment!!!! Must have! Thank you so much for playing along at ATSM this week. We would love to see you again.
    Creative regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL; fun image and card! Thanks for joining LLC for our Christmas in July challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a fun card, Connie! I absolutely love Bugaboo images, and I love the fluffy beard on this fun Santa! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. a very nice card.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Cheerful sketches.
    Greetings Geesje (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, what a fun card!
    Thank you for playing with our sketch at Cheerful Sketches.
    Dank je wel voor het meedoen bij Cheerful Sketches!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute, cute, cute!! That beard is just too awesome!! Love it! Thanks for playing with CHNCC2. (Sorry I'm so late in commenting)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi
    Such a lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at CHCC
    hugs Lisbeth
    DT-CHCC2

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.