Thursday, June 4, 2015

Under the Sea

     OK, if you read the post title and ever saw Disney's "Littlest Mermaid," that "Under the  Sea" tune is running through your head.  If it isn't, it should be.  It was in my head the entire time I was coloring this image and making this card!  If I'm stuck with it, why not you, too?  :-D

     Today starts a new challenge at Aud Sentiments and The Stamping Boutique is our wonderful sponsor.  They generously supplied images for the team to use and this one ("Uncommon Friendship') seemed perfect for a summer card.  Wouldn't a trip which included scuba diving or snorkling be a perfect summer vacation?


I based this design on the sketch from Sunday Stamps,
adjusted somewhat to accommodate a square card.


     I used my ProMarkers and a few Copics to color the image.  What doesn't show up very well in the photo is that I also added a lot of glitter gel ink to the water, bubbles, and mermaid's scales for some sparkle and bling.   I die cut the image with a plain circle die from Spellbinders, then cut a piece of dp with another die for the mat behind  the image.

     The sentiment is computer printed and hand cut.  I added the bottom two layers using textured woven paper (square die cut) and green polka dot dp.  Those are wrapped with sheer ribbon and I added a double bow, tied using my Craft-Dee BowZ bow maker.  And yes, I still love it just as much as I did when I first got it.  Maybe even more since I get better at using it each time.  The 'kelp' bits are taken from faux fir branches which I coated with Glossy Accents to give them a wet look.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
Artistic Inspirations
Corrosive Challenge
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crazy 4 Challenges
Fairytale Stampers
Glitter n Sparkle
My Sheri Crafts
Not Just Cards
Open-Minded Crafting Fun
Pile It On
Scrapy Land
Stamp and Create
Tuesday Throwdown

     I hope your week is going well.  Not long now until the weekend when you can enjoy some Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie     

30 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi NanaConnie,

    Beautiful card and yes I'm singing lol! Love the Kelp, looks so real.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friend!! And yes...now I'm singing!! LOL!! LOVE your fun image and the water look to your background!! gorgeous ribbon and you've done a fabulous job with this going out to sea!! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at TT!! Such a pleasure to see your entry there! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and great coloring of this fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now look what you have done, a "worm song", thank goodness it's it's a nice one LOL. A wonderful card, love the idea of glossing the branches so they look wet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Under the Sea" was running thru my head and I could just picture Sebastian singing it to Ariel! Your card is adorable! I love that image of the mermaid! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #19! Now I am going to have to turn on the radio to get that song out of my head! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Connie, this is breath taking beautiful! Love the image and know that it sparkles and shines. The green bow and "kelp" couldn't be prettier either. Outstanding!
    I'm going to have to check into that bow maker. I have a bow maker but it doesn't make anything as pretty as yours.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous image beautifully coloured & I love the under the sea feel to this card!Great work as always NanaC!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic card! I love the image and you did a wonderful job coloring it. I also love the added "kelp" bits, what a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card, I love that seaside colors and stamp is great, thank you for taking part in scrapyland challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lala lala lala lalala, you gotta kiss de girl.

    Fabulous card, my friend. I love that you were singing while you were creating this one.

    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card!! Thanks for the song in my head now!! lol Thanks for playing along with the Sunday Stamps challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, love the colours,thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, love the colours,thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, love the colours,thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Had to stop by to say Hi and tell you how pretty your card is. Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. This really is so pretty. The extra green sea plant is a sweet touch. You know I'm a lover of anything with water. Ps. I guess you never received my card with all the charms? Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so pretty and full of detail! Fabulous colors! I will be singing this song all day! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Connie. I love the colors this is a great card. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Challenges this fortnight for our "Inspired by a Song" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Not Just Cards and good luck!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful card and so lovely to see you again!
    Beautiful colouring and colour combination.
    Hugs, Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely. The beautiful green ribbon and diecut really caught my eye. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. We hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. fun card and sweet image! Thank you so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the beautiful details and colors in your mermaid card. Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card and song inspiration.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun
    Julie DT
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Pumpkin Belly Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a pretty card! The image is so pretty and love the use of the fern branches with the ribbon.

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely card . So many details to look at . Beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Stampers!

    Greetings Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a pretty card ,love the colours you have chosen and the image is cute
    Thanks for joining us us at Craft-Dee BowZ AND GOOD LUCK
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.