Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Summer Fun

     I'm hearing all about summer fun; from my grandkids, in blogland, for challenge themes...  Yeah, right!  I'm here to tell you that when the summer temperatures hit 100+ degrees a month before normal and then they stay there for more than a week, the best kind of summer fun is staying indoors and coloring with markers.  :-D


I  based this on the sketch from Outlawz
leaving off the large ribbon and bow across the top
because I wanted something a bit more simple.


     The image is from Simply B Stamps, colored with chalk markers and gel pens, then die cut with a Spellbinders die.  I'm still working on blond hair and the chore was made even more difficult working with chalk markers and more limited colors.  

     Challenges:

     The rest of my week is going to be really busy so I don't know if I'll have another post before my regular QKR Stampede DT post on Friday.  If I find some crafting time, I'll get a post up.  Otherwise, I'll see you on Friday.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie! I hear ya about the temps! Your lazy kitties are darling. Love your take on the sketch, Connie, especially with those tied ribbons on both panels, and carried through by weaving on the top panel! Great shading in your little artist's hair, too. A wonderful card! I'm sorry about not visiting as often as I'd like these days. Thanks for understanding. hugs, de

jimlynn said...

Connie, this is beautiful! Your coloring is magnificent! WOW! So pretty and love the take on that sketch.
It's a little warm in your neck of the woods for sure! Try to stay cool and don't get out in that heat unless you have to.
Speaking on QKR - check out my COW!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous! I love the image and you have coloured her hair fabulously.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

Your coloring is fantastic. It is hard to believe you accomplished such a stunning result with chalk pastels.
Hugs,
Teresa

*Vicki* said...

I couldn't agree with you more about staying in and coloring when it's hot like that! :) And you've done a brilliant job with it here!! Love the fun sentiment you've used!! LOL! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great sketch and you really met up to the challenge! Love your coloring- esp her hair : ) Whew- that is HOT!!! We have humidity and lots of rain recently...... No working A/C here until Friday......

Dawn Lancaster said...

Great little card NanaC! I love the colours you've used & your colouring is fantastic! Stay cool!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Kim Kelley said...

Cute card! Love the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Time, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful coloring NC...Love that sketch and the way you did it. That sentiment has me giggling...Hugs, joann

Sara Paschal said...

This was a great sketch to play along with. Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at SSD DTBST anything goes challenge.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card, such a beautifully coloured image.
Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator for our June Challenge.
Pauline
x

Chris Parker-Barnes said...

Lovely coloring and I love the sentiment you have used :) Thank you for sharing your card with us at Simply Papercrafts.
Chris

lorby said...

Cute card and creative way to make it. I agree with you about staying inside and coloring. Thanks for joining us at Chalk N Stock in June.

Wendy said...

Fabulous...Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge this fortnight.
Wendy xx