Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Poppies

     This month, the Progressive Challenge over at The Outlawz has given us a beautiful image by Anne Fenton to use on our projects.  I'm always amazed at how different the creations are yet each one uses exactly the same image.

     I loved coloring this one since the bright, orange, poppies are California's state flower and, therefore, a favorite of mine.  Hence, I colored these orange instead of more often seen red.  Poppies in California bloom all summer long so they always make me think of summer and summer colors.


     I used ProMarkers to color the image.  The black lace ribbon was in my stash, and I though it was a great complement to the warm, summer colors, as well as being something old to offset the new image.

     I made the flowers by punching a piece of black, flocked paper and adding a two-layer, satin flower on top of it.  I dug through my box of feathers until I found those loose bits and pieces which I gathered together and adhered behind the flower.  A metal brad in the middle of the flower finished it off.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps
Allsorts
As You Like It
Cards in Envy
Corrosive Challenge
Crafty Catz
Glitter n Sparkle
Great Impressions
Hiding in My Craft Room
JUGs
Little Miss Muffet
One Stitch at a Time
Outlawz Color
Quick Quotes
Scrapper's Delights
Sentimental Sundays
Sister Act
Sweet Stampin' (old lace/ new image)

     Our temperatures are going to drop today to a more manageable 99 degrees.  Yesterday we hit 106!  Truly, I don't feel the difference other than it doesn't get hot, hot, hot quite as early in the day.  Oh, well, yesterday and today are great excuses to stay indoors and craft, right?   Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

32 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card, love the poppies.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card NC and the poppy colours are wonderful
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow SO gorgeous Connie!! Love your flowers and stunning details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mercy me on those hot temps!!! That's even hotter than it is here - and by a lot too! Hope things cool down a little for you soon.

    Love your beautiful card! The black lace looks fantastic with those flowers. So very lovely!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! I love the poppies and your colors.Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 106ºF??? That's sizzle and burn temp! This card is a beauty. Love poppies too and they way they dance about in the wind is just magical. Hope you're well, NC
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this NC...Beautiful image and your coloring of it is beautiful. Love the embellies. Hugs, and keep cool. joann

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I love the feathers on it.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at HIMCR, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card i love poppies. Thank you for playing at Addicted To Stamps. Greetings, Veerle DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really beautiful card and I love the wisps of feathers very pretty and effective, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card. I didn't know that about the poppy being California's state flower. Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time. Good luck. Maggie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your poppies NanaC! I was at somone's house the other day & they had the most beautiful orange poppies in their garden! Love your card too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SO pretty, Connie! I LOVE the fabulous lace, the beautiful floral image, and your fun feathers! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, love the lace and feathers you have used, thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining us at allsorts x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card! Love the poppies and the feathers are such a great touch! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely card thanks for joining us at Scrapper´s Delights Challenge Blog Jane DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, lovely poppy image, the orange reminds me of the old fashioned ones I have in my garden, love them. Thanks for sharing on no on AYLI. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderful that your poppies bloom all summer! I wish ours did in NY! Those on your card are lovely!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous project and fits perfectly with the Allsorts Challenge this week, thankyou for sharing it with us all Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous card. Thank you for playing with us at Sweet Stampin'.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic as always! Thanks for joining at ATSC: Summer Colors
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  26. Poppies have to be one of my favorites. Love the background you achieved in the pale blue/grey colors. I'm sure whomever receives this will be thrilled. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy this week and best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card! Great colouring on those poppies. I also love them. Thanks for playing along with us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love poppies, beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays Challenge Blog!

    AJ, DT - Sentimental Sundays

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely! I love how the 3-D embellies match us with the flat ones...great card! thanks for sharing with us at Quick Quotes this month!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cute~Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are so creative! Beautiful project and of course love the flowers on this! Thanks so much for joining us at Quick Quotes Challenge #52.

    Crystal DT Member
    crystalthompsoninks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.