Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pansies

     I remember planting spring gardens each year from before I was old enough to go to school clear through the first four or five years I was in school.  After the first year, it became mandatory (my rules!) to plant pansies.   They were such sweet flowers with their little faces turned up to greet everyone who passed by.  I still love pansies so this wonderful digi from AuroraWings  just called out to me.


     I used my chalk markers again to color this image.  The sentiment came from my collection of Tickell Expressions and it goes back a couple of years but it seemed perfect for this card.  When I printed the sentiment, I adhered two other layers of white CS and then die cut through all three stacked layers to add some dimension.  

     I cut up a scrap piece of  ribbon and tucked a couple of pieces under the sentiment  when I added it to the card front.  Then I used two more pieces and added some punched butterflies.   I dug through my tin of teeny-tiny buttons and found enough in purple to add three to the sentiment and one to each butterfly.

     Challenges:
Allsorts
Brown Sugar
Colour Your World
Crafts Galore Encore
Crafty Catz
Fussy and Fancy
Just Us Girls
Melonheadz Friends
Scribble & Scrap
Sister Act
Sisters of Craft
   
     I find that I'm still trying to hit that happy balance between totally CS and over-the-top dressed, enhanced, embellished... you get the idea.  I admit that today's card is definitely on the CAS side of things.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

  1. Stunning card NanaConnie, lovely coloured Pansies, they are such beautiful flowers.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pansies are just beautiful and colored perfectly! Love the butterflies flitting about, too. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pansies are really beautiful!! Great CAS my friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have known that pansies were my very favorite flower ever!!!! I plant them every single year.
    LOVE these! They're so pretty and the way you added the ribbon and tiny butterflies is sensational. A beautiful card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty in purple. Just love the CAS design with those butterflies. Have a beautiful day.
    Hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Connie this sure is pretty. Love pansies
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the way you have colored those pretty pansies. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning, NanaConnie. Your coloring is wonderful and your design impeccable. Thanks for the shout out.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely lovely!! Thanks so much for playing along at Just Us Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful CAS card, thanks for joining us at sisteractcardchallenge.

    Hermien
    dt sisteractcardchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and the Pansies are just fab...thank you for joining us with our Fussy and Fancy Challenge...hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card. Love the image and your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very pretty card, pansies are a great subject to use. Your colouring is perfect and I love your tiny little buttons ! I also like the sentiment. Thanks for joining in with the Sisters of Craft Challenge, good luck and best wishes, Anne DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry I am behind again on commenting. Seems this happens to me a lot.lol This is beautiful NC. I love the colors. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous image & beautifuly coloured! I love the addition of the pretty little butterflies! I have button envy too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge , great card
    Good luck x

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.