Thursday, June 18, 2015

Island Hammock

     Aud Sentiments has a new challenge starting today and our theme is "Use a Summer Sentiment."  Our sponsor is Make It Crafty and they generously provided images for the DT to use.   The one I used not only makes a great summer card, it's a wonderful card for a guy, maybe even for Father's Day.  I wish I was lazing in that hammock with a cool ocean breeze blowing instead of enduring the fourth day of a heat wave where temps have been over 100 each day and they are predicting at least another 6 days of those temps before we cool down into the high 90s!  Yuck.

My colors came from CAS on Sunday.



     This "Island Hammock" image was colored with ProMarkers and then die cut with a die from QuicKutz.   I layered that onto dark blue CS, aligning it so that the top edge of the die cut overlapped the stitched ribbon.  The bow was originally made from white ribbon but I colored it with marker to match the wide ribbon.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps
Cardz 4 Guyz
Catch the Bug
Come and Get It
Crafty Cardmakers
Crafty Sentiments Designs
Die Cuttin' Divas
Get Creative
Glitter n Sparkle
My Sheri Crafts
One Stitch at a Time
Path of Positivity
Ribbon Girls
Scrapper's Delights

     I hope we'll see you joining us this fortnight for our "Summer Sentiment" challenge at Aud Sentiments.  Find something that just shouts "summer," add a summery sentiment, and enter it in our challenge.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

26 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, loving the hammock and beautiful die you have used.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sentiment choice for that image AND our challenge! I love that you colored that bow to match the ribbon - that's a great tip that I often forget is even an option. Nicely done toots - and stay cool!
    ~ginny g
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in total agreement with your sentiment here Connie! LOL!! What a wonderful scene and I sure wish I was there! Love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could do with relaxing in that hammock right now and getting some sun too! Great card

    Thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I was relaxing in that hammock right now! Great card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was lazing around in that hammock with you Connie! Anything to beat the heat around here too.
    Beautiful coloring on a very peaceful and pretty image. Love your card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. So relaxing looking. Thank you for joining our “Masculine” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. It reminds me of a painted doily. Great coloring.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful scene and design. Gorgeous coloring and bow.
    Wish I were there too catching the ocean breezes and relaxing in the hammock while reading a good book !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this is where I want to be, also with a jacuzzi near by. Fab summer scene. Awesome colors
    Hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. Great relaxing card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It Challenges this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the scene! Great coloring! Such a relaxing card! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to be laid back in the sun in that hammock on your card right now ... too cold here for my liking!
    Thanks for joining us for the Bugaboo Stamps' TRAVEL challenge this week. Good luck in the draw, and please join us again soon.
    love
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that hammock is calling my name....Beautifully colored and a wonderful card. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  17. fab image! love the frame around it too... made into a great card. Thanks for sharing with us this week over at Glitter n Sparkle! (Vic, DT x)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous little scene NanaC, I would love to be there lying in the hammock with a cool breeze too but for the opposite reason to you, It's still freezing over here in Bonnie Scotland! Still need to take a jacket when you go out! Brr!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful summer scene

    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun image - I want to go there! And what a beautiful card!

    Thank you for participating in the OSAAT "Anything Goes with Men" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card thank you for sharing at Crafty Cardmakers and |More.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hammocking on an island is so fun. This is so perfect for our HAPPINESS theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty scene. Great masculine card! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

    Glenda's Cards

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous card. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be lazing in that hammock.
    Thanks for entering our Men and Boys challenge at CCM&More.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.