Saturday, June 6, 2015

Catnip Tea

     I'm playing again in Part 2 of the progressive challenge at Sparkle and Glitter, the Rick St. Dennis blog.  I dearly love all his elegant ladies but the freebie for this time was right up my alley.  Take a look and you'll see what I mean.  Doesn't that cat look like he's had one cup too many of catnip tea?  lol


I based my design on the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches
and my colors came from the color challenge at The Outlawz.

  

     The image is colored with ProMarkers, then die cut and matted.  I chose that die because it carried on the 'spacey-I'm-looped-on-catnip' look I wanted.  I found that fabulous background paper in an old stack which has been hanging out in my stash for a couple of years at least.  The flowers were punched, colored with markers, and had beads added to them before putting them on the card front.

     The sentiment was printed with a computer font, then hand cut and matted.  Finally, the white bow is one of those I make up by the dozens and keep in my stash for a quick-to-grab future use.  I guess this qualifies as a 1-2-3 card: 1 bow, 2 critters and 3 flowers.  :-D
     
     Challenges:

     Well, this is my second post of the day and now I'm off to teach a class.  Enjoy your weekend and Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

20 comments:

  1. LOL!!! That's the funniest!! Love the look on his face - and reminds me of when I had a little "too much" in my younger days!
    Cute card Connie. Love the design on this.
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, he's a cracker! Love that image & your cute little sentiment!
    The colours & the papers work perfectly!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word look at those eyeballs!! LOL!! What a really fun card!! LOVE the blue tone colors and fun shaped patterns on this Connie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, love the cat image, brilliant.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blues, Connie! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Make it Masculine challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card NanaConnie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card.
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  8. HeeHee! Lovin' the blue and the sentiment makes me giggle. I can see he's enjoying it from his fab eyes. Thanks so much for joining the RSD Progressive challenge at SNG. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. wawwww så super flot ♥

    10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

    knuzzzz ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings from Florida Connie, I am here and enjoying my holiday. I just adore this card, the cat looks amazing.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute and I love the colours. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Love the blue and white. Thank you for participating at CIO this week for Anything Goes Challenge. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute...The look on that face is adorable. Great card Connie. Hugs joann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Supersweet looking creation. Lovely design and colours. Thanks for joining our colourful challenge over at The Paper Shelter.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a funny card :)

    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.

    Jytte, DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG this image is so cool .. love it !! Love the colors ..

    Thank you for participating in The Paper Shelter Challenge this week!
    Good luck !!
    Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute and sweet..
    Thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft, and good luck.

    Hugs,
    Merlina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally ADORE how you have colored this great image!!! The blues are perfect and that sentiment just so very funny!!!!

    Thanks for joining the monthly challenge here at Sparkle and Glitter progressive challenge. Hope you will join us next time Crafting Vicky RSD EDT.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderfull thanks for entering the challenge on sparkle and glitter

    Mo
    Rsd edt

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.