Monday, June 22, 2015

Bugs and Blooms

     I love this Bugs and Blooms set which comes from Deedee's Digis and I decided that the snail  needed to put on her finest pink for this card.  The sentiment is also from that set.  I'm using up scraps today so both the image and the sentiment were printed onto scrap CS.


I based my design on the sketch from Sunday Stamps, turned vertical,
and took colors from Inspired by Stamping.

  June-IBSIC95---Color, Inspired by Stamping

     The image is colored with ProMarkers, then fussy cut and matted with a rectangle die cut CS piece (another scrap), layered on in such a way as to create an out-of-the-box technique, one of my favorites.

     Both ribbons are from Really Reasonable Ribbon and I tied the double layer bow using my Craft-Dee Bowz bow maker.  The background dp is from Lawn Fawn and I'm happy to say I won that stack in a challenge.  :-D  

     Challenges:
Catch the Bug (center vertical)

     Well, it's the first day of a new week in a new summer and I really hope your summer has started well.  Thanks for visiting and feel free to browse around while you're here.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the image and gorgeous bow.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUN is this!!!! Love all those colors and and with that image, it just makes me smile all over!!! SOOO CUTE!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun image this is, Connie, it sure made me smile! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, isn't she just the cutest! I love those eyes!
    Very pretty in pink!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet. I love your gorgeous bow.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. A totally darling card!! The image is too cute and a perfect use of the colors ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this same image and love it. I think your design is just fabulous. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab fun card, great image and colouring. Lovely colour palette. Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we hope you will join us again soon. Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is totally darling! I LOVE the fun image, bright colors, and the bow you created! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling and sweet card! It's so cute and the colors are cheerful! Wonderful creation! Thank you for sharing it with us in the challenge this week!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card with a fabulous design and lovely colouring - however, it unfortunately is not quite pink enough to be considered in our challenge. Our guidelines show clearly that your entry should contain more pink than any other colour. Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink - hope to see you again soon!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a very cute card! Such an adorable image... loveThanks so much for playing in our Friendship Friday Funday challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥ly colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable critter card! Excellent coloring too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun card! Your coloring is just perfect and I love all the bright colors! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too cute - just love that ribbon!!
    Thanks so much for joining the Catch The Bug/Bugaboo Stamps BINGO challenge. We hope you'll join us again this week for our Photo inspiration challenge!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min - DT Asst Coordinator, Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a cute card ,love the image and pretty ribbon
    Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ AND GOOD LUCK
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an awesome make, I loved visiting.
    Thank you for joining us and we hope to see you next time at http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (That Craft Place Designer, proud DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fun and bright card!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.