Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Touch of Picasso

     This is so far out of my norm, I don't even know what to do with this card.  :-D  The initial face image is a newsletter freebie from The East Wind and it intrigued me from the first moment I saw it.  For some reason, it made me think of the artist, Picasso, and I began to envision something reminiscent of his art.  This college-effect card is the result.


     I printed the image three times; first onto kraft CS, then twice onto white.  I tore rather than cut the pieces, then colored just the eyes, using gold ink and brown ProMarker in order to maintain the black, white, and metallic combo.  I sponged distress ink onto the kraft image after I tore it out and then layered it onto the white card front.  

    I added the torn pieces of white image and added 'score' lines for stripes.  Finally, I added the sentiment and the twine.  

     Challenges:

     OK, I think Picasso is completely out of my system now.  I sent a photo of this to a friend, asking for her opinion (because I knew she'd be honest with me) and her reaction was that it would have made a great cover for an art journal or diary.  Now I wish I'd thought of that before I did a card.  At least I wouldn't be wondering if I'll ever use the card.  :-D

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

jimlynn said...

This really would have made a great cover for a journal. Even though it's not your style at all, it's very different and just wonderful! I do love all the images you used and that vintage look. I think we all need to get out of our norm sometime and just let loose! I actually love this Connie and think you did a fantastic job with the images. Yep....move over Picasso - here comes Connie!
Lynn

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Really interesting creation
Thanks for sharing it with us in our Use some kraft card challenge over at Digi Choosday and good luck
Julie x
My blog
Lacy Sunshine DT member
Digi Choosday DT member
Pennys Challenges Owner & DT member
Brown Sugar Challenges Admin member

Dawn Lancaster said...

Brilliant! I have this image too, haven't used it yet though!
Love what you've done with it!
Hugs
Dawn xx

*Vicki* said...

This is just awesome Connie! :) I think this would be perfect for a journal page like Lynn said! You've done an amazing job with the images!

Virginia Lu said...

Fabulously inspired Picasso card! What a cool idea and design! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make It Masculine” Challenge!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous and wonderful card Connie thank you for joining us this week at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog
Dianne x
IDCB DT

Dawn C said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday this week x

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous! I totally agree with the sentiment, who indeed said it is a man's world!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Michelle said...

Great card! And I agree - this would have made an awesome journal/diary cover. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge this week!

Willeke said...

Your project is really something different, would be a great layout for a scrapbook too !
Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
Hugs
Willeke
DT Through The Craft Room Door

Eve's Card Designs said...

This is really interesting and I am so pleased you shared it with us at Digi Choosday Challenge and our theme of 'Use some Kraft Card'. Yvonne (DT)

tanya miller said...

Really interesting card and layout. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Use Some Kraft Card challenge (DT)

Helen said...

Great card and a beautiful desingn,

Thanks for joining us at Penny's

Helen x

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous job with the image, Connie! So cool and artsy. Thanks so much for joining our Dots and Stripes Challenge at TEW. xxD

Aurora Aurelia said...

Amazing project.. love your creativity with the image.. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge #33 at Art by Mi Ran Blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and good luck at the draw ;)

hugs,
~RoRa

Sandie said...

Thank you for joining us in That Craft Place challenge.

Crafting Vicky said...

Totally love what you did with this image! So fun to see you doing something totally out of your norm!!!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at The East Wind. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

Vannessa said...

Absolutely fantastic way to use this image. i would never have been so brave to go that far out of my comfort zone, but you did fabulously. Thank you for joining in The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

Hugs, Vannessa
The Paper Nest Dolls DT