Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Summer Hello

     I was looking at the current challenge over at A Day for Daisies where they want us to CASE one of the cards from the DT.  I browsed through my ADFD images and found this sweet image of birds on a branch and knew immediately which one I wanted to CASE.  I've put that one first and then mine right below it.  I love the pink and blue color combo.




I based my card on the sketch from Our Daily Bread Designs.



     I inadvertently printed the image onto a scrap piece of white CS which was in the paper tray of my printer and then realized as I pulled it out that it was a left over negative piece from a Cheery Lynn die cut.  Fortunately, all of the image printed which is all that mattered.  I used ProMarkers to color the image while I tried to figure out what I could do with that odd piece.   Then it came to me that if I backed the negative with some colored CS and then used a Spellbinders' die to cut the image and some of the negative, I'd have an interesting piece with some delightful texture.

     Both the dp and the peach-pink strip were scraps, too, so I dug through the box of scrap ribbon until I found one that would work for this card.  Might as well keep it all scraps.  :-D  I tied the little bow and then sewed a sequin and bead to the front before adhering it to the card.

     Challenges:

     We're on the downhill side of the weekend and I've been inside the entire time except for a brief trip to the grocery store very early this morning.   I love that store's hours in the summer when I can go there at 5:00 in the morning.  They're open 25 hours a day.  We're going to be in the 100+ degree range for the next 6 days and I hate hot weather!   I hibernate inside with the air conditioning running and crafts spread out around me.  I'll pay the price for that when the electric bill comes in but it's called survival.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

  1. Oh Connie, this is stunning! I love the negative die cut of leaves on this. That piece worked out just perfect! A pretty stamp and love the colors of your card. SUPER pretty!
    Yikes! Stay inside for sure. I'm not even sure if the birds like it that hot. Love the idea of a store staying open 25 hours a day too! LOL!
    Stay cool!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Connie, I love the gorgeous birds and fabulous negative die too. Love the layout too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love those birds on the branch image! The color combo is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #19!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful image and dies. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. really gorgeous
    thanks for playing with us at di's digi
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very lovely. Gorgeous die cut border.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card and a lovely image! Thanks for sharing at Crafting with an Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful NC, I love it all colour, design and layout.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how sweet!! I just love your line of birds! Your coloring, images, take on the sketch and design is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely little birds NanaC!
    I love the negative die cut!
    Great colours too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those birds and all of the peach color! Thank you for sharing your beautiful Creation with us at TTCRD this week and please come and play in our new "Anything goes" Challenge starting tomorrow. I also love to have visitors on my blog at ialwayslovetomakecards.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Connie. I wanted to play along with them but I just did not know what it meant to CAS someone's card. lol I love yours it is so pretty. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card Connie!! So soft and pretty!! Really love the leaf die cute and background!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful! Love the color combinations as well! God bless and thank you for joining the Word Art Wednesday Challenge!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful and elegant!! I love the way you made everything work! Thanks for sharing with us over Sister Act Card Challenge. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card!! Great image and colouring!!
    What a great way to use your scraps!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    <a

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.