Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Wildlife

     No, not the late night party kind of wild life -- the kind you find outdoors.  That's the theme of our new challenge at Cardz 4 Guys this week where I'm serving as a Guest Designer for the month of May.  I've really enjoyed doing cards these last 3 weeks because it's gotten me back into the swing of doing masculine cards.  I love making masculine cards and I love finding images that will work for guys.  The one on today's card came from Doodle Pantry's "Deer Trio" set, although I think it more likely this is an antelope rather than a deer.  The sentiment is also from that same set.


     The image and sentiment are printed directly onto the card front.  Here's a Tip:  I get them lined up correctly for the top fold by shuffling them onto the bottom of the page on the screen and tab over to the right until I think it's about where I want.   Then I print first onto inexpensive copier paper and I measure it for the width of the card.   Once I have  everything where I want it, I print it onto the card stock, then cut it to size by trimming off the right side, and finally I score it for the top fold.  Sometimes it takes me one or two tries on the copier paper to get it right where I want it, always taking into consideration where I want to put a sentiment (if it's stamped separately) or embellishments, like the metal brads I used here.

     Also, when coloring with alcohol markers, the color will often show through on the inside.  I always color with the card open so that the ink won't bleed onto the lower inside where I want to write or sign it, and then I add a piece of patterned dp to the upper inside of the card to cover where the ink shows.

     I decided that I wanted this card to be very CAS so I did no embellishments other than the brads in the lower corners.

     Challenges:
Brown Sugar
Crafting from the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Digi Sketch
Going Grey with Scrap Creations
Incy Wincy
Inspiration Destination
Little Claire's
Love to Scrap
Not Just Cards
Pile It On
Scribble & Scrap
Simply Papercraft
Sweet Stampin'
Top Tip Tuesday

     That's all I have today.  I have to go water my garden again.  Because California is in such a terrible drought, where I live we're only allowed to water 3 days a week, 20 minutes maximum per sprinkler cycle.  I water my garden by hand and try to make every drop and every minute count.  There certainly is no fear of  over-watering this year.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

26 comments:

  1. What an impressive card, so strong, just right for the male species LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is breathtaking! I love the antelope he is so majestic. Fabulous saying that fits so well.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very regal and stunning CAS masculine design Connie! I just love Aristotle quotes too!! :) Congrats on your GDT my friend, really enjoying your creations for the challenge! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the image. My sister lives in California too and misses the green of our Yorkshire Dales especially with the drought but she doesn't miss the cold weather we're having this May

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOA! Connie, this is awesome! A perfect card for a guy!!! I love that image and the placement for the brads too. Everything about it is WOW!
    You need to come to Texas to give me lessons now on merging the sentiment and image to go on the same page like that! You need to come to Texas anyway I think, just to see some rain. Yep, we've actually had some this year!!! Keep watering that garden when you can and you'll enjoy all the labor you put into it when everything is ripe!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. It reminds me of a South African Pronghorn that was in a set of readers my kids had from school.
    Great colouring by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card - the image really pops off the page - fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Thank you for joining BSC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great CAS card, very striking x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! I totally love it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful CAS card. Great colouring. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab and unusual CAS card.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your coloring on that antelope is fabulous! Love the touches of metal with the brads, too. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card NC..and great tips for the printing. I thought I was the only one who ever messed up with these....lol Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Connie ... gorgeous image and perfect layout for a male "make". Thanks for your tip to print onto copier paper first - don't know why I'd never thought of that ... Doh! Thanks for joining in at Incy Wincy Designs this week.
    Helen X (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card, and I'm glad to see you use the same positioning technique as I do, I've often wondered if there is an "official" way that might be better then mine!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great wildlife card and entry into our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very original card! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge...
    Hugs
    Cristina DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card and image, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice card, I like sentence you choose. thanks for joining #262 challenge with Craft Your Passion Challenge Blog! Come and joining us this week again :))

    Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
    www.artekatie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the CAS look you totally rocked this card my friend!!!!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Top Tip Tuesday. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your win at Incy Wincy Designs! Fabulous CAS card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.