Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Time for a Birthday

     I'm working on revitalizing my stash of birthday cards which has been seriously depleted over the last couple of months so you'll see a few more birthday cards in my upcoming posts.  This one I did for my Guest Designer spot at Cardz 4 Guys this month.  All cards must be masculine and this week the theme is "Make Your Mark."

     You can 'make your mark' by hand drawing doodles or faux stitching or using gel pens -- nearly anything which creates a human-made mark.  I've done faux stitching and used a sparkle pen on each of the keys and the clock hands, although that's hard to see in the photo.


     The background on the images (the clock is a separate image, fussy cut and overlaid onto the keys) is colored with chalks.  The mat behind the image is burlap paper and the other two dp came from stacks by Gina K.  The twine has been in my stash for a long time but originally came from The Twinery.

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
Brown Sugar
Crafts Galore Encore
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz Friday
Robyn's Fetish
Sassy Studio
Scrap It Girl
Scrapper's Delights
Scrappy Hands
Scribble & Scrap
Send a Smile 4 Kids
Sister Act

     I hope we're going to see you playing in the challenge this week at Cardz for Guys.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

27 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant card Ginny x

Jane Willis said...

Super card! I love the idea of using two shades of twine together, it picks up the colours in the card perfectly
Jane

Julie B said...

Fab card, love the faux stitching and the chalk you used on the images. :)

Cazro said...

Welcome, sorry I didn't say hello last week. A great masculine card, perfect for the challenge, super Guest DT project. Caz

jimlynn said...

Connie, the faux stitching looks great on here. Love that classic design and all the clocks. Very nice!
Lynn

JayBe said...

This is a great design, Connie - love the keys and clock face together.
Hugz, Jan xx

*Vicki* said...

This is such the perfect image for a masculine theme. Love the colors and your added twine!! :)

Kimbo said...

Great masculine card, love the faux stitching x

Judy V said...

Great masculine birthday card! Thanks for joining us at DTBST at Sassy Studio Designs!

Shelly Schmidt said...

So pretty- love the keys and the clock face- and the faux stitching and the twine. Wonderful!

Dawn Lancaster said...

Brilliant card for a guy of any age! I love those keys!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Andree said...

A fabulous male card Connie. The addition of the clock works so well.
Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge #44 and good luck x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Fabulous design and gorgeous masculine card. I love your clock and that plaid paper. Great addition with the twine too.
Hugs,
Teresa

Kim Kelley said...

Very cool card. Love the papers and layout. Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Email me link to your card so I can find it at grohcm at gmail dot com. I will send you an email when the post goes live. Thank you.
Cindy at Cre8ive Cindy Blog

Faith A said...

This is WONDERFUL and so very masculine. Love it.

karalschuknecht said...

I love the layers. Great job with this card! Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenges this week. Karal DT

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love the keys background. And adding the clock is awesome. Love it...Hugs, joann

Tina Campbell said...

Wonderful masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday
Tina DT

Katy said...

I love the vintage feel of this card. The stamps and masking are awesome! Before I read your post I thought the stamp came that way. Great faux stitching too. Beautiful work! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

Gingin said...

This is a fantastic card!! Love the fussy cutting

My Kraft Kloset said...

I love your use of pattern paper, details, and faux stitching. Thanks for entering the Scrap It Girl Challenge. Good luck!

kellystar said...

great layers... Thanks for taking the May Scrap It Girl challenge!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the colors and details. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it Girl.

Maya Oren-Dahan said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

slomianazapalka said...

Cool card. Thanks for playing with us Scrap It Girl.

Del said...

Fabulous male card. Love the image and the layout. Thanks for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore xx