Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Real Purpose of a Garden

     I have the honor of being a Guest Designer at Cardz 4 Guys this month and it's fun to be making masculine cards again once a week.  During my first year of blogging, I was on a design team for a company that did masculine images and I was making 'guy cards' every week, but that store closed and I went back to just doing a few masculine birthday cards each year.  Unlike many crafters, I love doing masculine cards!

     The theme this week is "Gardening" and I chose this fun, pre-colored, image from the Spring Blocks set by Deedee's Digis.


     The sentiment, "Plant a Garden -- Feed the Bugs," is mine and that's how I'm feeling these days about my own garden!  :-D  I think I should have planted one entire bed just for the bugs.  And just to show my feelings over that issue, I 'distressed' all the edges of the mat layers.  The twine is from my stash and I hate to tell you how long it had been there.  That was one of those "have to have it" purchases and then it got put away and forgotten.  Recently, I found it and have used it once or twice this last week.

     Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks
ArtbyMiran
Catch the Bug
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards
Crafts 4 Eternity
Just Us Girls
Kreativeinkauf
Oddball Art
Scrapper's Delights
Sisters of Craft
STAMPloration

     If you've not played in the Cardz 4 Guys before, please try it this week, won't you?  Masculine cards aren't really that difficult.  Find an image of a car or dog or motorcycle, anything your particular guy likes, and do a card with minimal flowers and fuss.  Use layers or texture or twine (or all of them) and then come enter it at Cardz 4 Guys.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

  1. That worm is so CUTE! :) Love your take on the garden challenge and congrats on your GDT spot over there!! I really enjoy making masculine cards too as I am always needing one!! Have a great day! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little caterpillar - no wonder you're feeling "distressed" if he's munching through your garden! Hope you'll enjoy your GDT slot with us at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card! Thanks so much for joining in with The Sisters of Craft Challenge, good luck in the voting and we hope to see you next time. Creative Blessings, Tracy x SOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like we have something in common, NanaConnie, I too love making masculine cards. 4 nephews,a fifth one on his way, no nieces, I'm surrounded by boys with need of a lot of cards. This little worm is just adorable!
    Thanks for entering our challenge over at Catch the Bug and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A PERFECT card, great image and fab sentiment. You may know I love the garden too as long as hubby works in it to feed the bugs LOL.
    I love masculine cards too, when I was growing up I had 4 brothers, my Father and Grandfather surrounding me in the one house. Now loads of nephews as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning NC. This worm is so cute and fun. So glad to be back and now in catch up to see those amazing creations from the crafters. Have a fun day and even better week.
    Hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I understand where you are coming from! Working on my flower garden and all the bug bites in my leaves is driving me crazy! Wish I could make masculine cards so well! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
    Tina- DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great masculine card Connie. I too love making guy cards and haven't made one for a while. Love the image of course and that sentiment is to die for! So fun - and TRUE!!!
    Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful garden this year! WOW! You've planted so many different things and know they'll all be tasty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, NanaConnie. I like how you took out your frustration by the distressing the edges. Your background is gorgeous and I love the twine.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Love the fun image you used! Thank for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous and thank you for joining in our challenge ,good luck and hope to see you again next time
    Hugs xxx Dt Anneke and have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fun take on this weeks theme, personally it's the bunnies that plague my plot!
    So pleased you are our GD this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too cute NanaC! I love doing man cards too! Great job!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That worm is absolutely adorable, but the sentiment is what cracks me up! Haha - that's about what happens when I plant things! Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations Stamps and Leaves challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super Super cute card! Can't help but smile when you look at that little guy! So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls or I would have missed this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super duper cute.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Oddball Art Stamp challenge.
    http://oddballstamps.blogspot.ca/
    Naz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it...I also enjoy making the masculine cards. This is adorable. I love the colored image and how perfect for a male. Just has that woodsy feel. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week :) Fabulous card! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nanaaa... this one is super cuteeee... love the image and your colouring on it.. the caterpillar looks glowing.. Thank you for joining our challenge #31 at Art by Mi Ran blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. Good luck at the draw.. ;)

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful sweet card, thanks for sharing and joining us at Cc&Cc cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous Card, love the layout. Thanks for joining in our Spring Challenge at Oddball Art Stamps this month. Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great take on the theme and a fun card x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh I envy those who can do such fab maskulin cards as you have done here. Thx for joining us at Scrapper's Delights challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely card thank you for joining in our challenge Jane DT x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I never seen a worm like this, super cute and fun! Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.