Sunday, May 24, 2015

Perfect Summer Day

     Before I share my card with you this morning, I want to say that if the title of this post seems a bit misleading, that's totally unintentional.   For those of you who haven't had the joy of raising both girls and boys, I want you to know that there are very different definitions between them of what makes a perfect summer day.  For boys, it's finding a frog and an earthworm, and then discovering a HUGE snail, all of which must be taken right home to Mom!    And Mom, who's probably in the kitchen baking cookies with Sis, is required to be appreciative and stifle the gag reflex when the frog jumps into the cookie dough!



My sketch came from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
and I used colors found in the inspiration photo at 

   

     The cute image from Sassy Cheryl's is colored with ProMarkers, cut with a die from Spellbinders, and matted with both navy and aqua CS from AC Cardstock.  The ribbons are all from my stash and the bow is one of those I make and keep in my stash for future use.   The sentiment is printed with a computer font, matted, and added last.

     Challenges:

     This is going to be a work day for me, despite the fact that this is supposed to be a long, holiday weekend.  There are some things I simply must get done and they are going to involve a significant amount of computer time.  I wish it was going to be all fun & games and creating but...   So, to each of you who doesn't have to 'work' -- Happy Stamping.  :-D  NanaConnie

25 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card design and image Ginny x

Jac said...

Fabulous card, just like my friends boys so made me smile, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Jackie Scott said...

Sweet card, nice coloring! Lived in the country and my brothers were always bringing in special finds of the day!

Donna Hanley said...

What a darling story about the frog and the cookie dough. Yes the differences are so very big. I had one of each. Love this card especially that die cut piece. Nice ribbon also. Have a good day working. I'm in the garden most of the day today. This morning I stained part of a deck. That part was work. LOL Enjoy

Pia S said...

Only a young boy can wear a smile like that while holding a frog and a snail. I would be hurling,yuk! But the card us cute:)

Linda Simpson said...

LOL I am with you on that one, I had 2 boys. Great card and brought back memories. Thank you.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

LOL!!! Since I have a son and a daughter I can really relate to this! SO true!
Love your card Connie. The image is darling! I also have to say it not only reminds me of a perfect summer day but a perfect card as well with all that wonderful blue!
Lynn

Kathie said...

I have sons and I totally know what you're saying. I have a friend that has a son and daughter and the daughter is delicate and very over the top. Give me sons any day. Love your card just so cute and it's a perfect little masculine card. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your talent with us over here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Teresa Arsenault said...

And this is a perfect design. Love it.
Hugs,
Teresa

Heide said...

What a cute, cute card. Love the fun image. So glad you could join us this week. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Sassy Raggedy said...

Always one of my favorites Sassy Cheryl. Great coloring my friend. Hugs, joann

Faith A said...

FABULOUS, love it all, from the sketch take, to the colours, to the image and the die cut.

Linda Anderson said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! What a great take on the sketch using this adorable image. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

Linda

Asha said...

LOL! I don't what boys drag home but I can tell you that Peanut walked in with a neighbour's slipper (just the left one!) and Richard Parker ran home with a shrimp fritter and dropped it in front of me! I guess it makes a change from a frog or a snail! That's a sweet card, NC. LOVE it. Made me smile.
hugs, Asha

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! So so cute Connie!! Most certainly ALL BOY indeed!! I sure miss those days with my boys and I just love this image!! Fabulous coloring friend!

Kimbo said...

Great boys card and I love the sentiment

Thanks again for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Anne Temple said...

This is as cute as can be. You are definitely right in how boys vs girls describe a perfect summer day.

Shelia said...

What a fun image and card!! What could be better than a little boy with a snail and a frog! Too cute. Thank you for sharing with us at DRS Designs.

Dawn Lancaster said...

Love your card NanaC. the image is delightful to say the least!
We were all at work here in bonnie Scotland too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

anne said...

Love this image and your card is brilliant. Thank you for joining us this week.
Anne SSW2-DT

Erin Bentley said...

Fabulous project, Love the image and the die cut, great use of ribbon Thank you for joining us this fortnight at Simply Papercraft, good luck and we hope to see you soon.

Erin (Blog Owner)

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

Such a cute card and so boy! The ribbon touches are great. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Cuttlebug Mania!

BTW, I love your header photo and the photos of your furry children.

Blessings,
Belinda

Aurora Aurelia said...

Cute card for boy.. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge # 32 at Art by Mi Ran challenge blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. Good luck.. ;)

hugs,
~RoRa

Kate Edwards said...

Great card, thank you for joining in with our challenge at Digi Choosday this week,
x~KateE~x DC DT

Helen said...

A great card and I love that image!

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

Helen x