Saturday, May 9, 2015

Outlawz Progressive Challenge

     One of the fun things about being a member at The Outlawz is playing in their monthly Progressive Challenge.   Each month that we play along we get a freebie image from another artist and we use it to play in the challenge.  Playing this month means that we're on the list to get the next freebie the following month.

     This month, the image is from Ppinky Dolls and I thought she was just so sweet.  She has holly in her hair which makes her perfect for a Christmas card but I wanted to see if I could use her for an any-occasion-where-a-gift-is-appropriate card.  I think it worked.  :-D


     I colored her with ProMarkers and die cut her with one of my framing dies from Spellbinders.  I used a larger die than I needed because I wanted to add a smaller frame inside that large die.  The smaller cut was made from plain pink dp.

     I used two different sheer ribbons (stash items which have been ignored for much too long!), one wrapped around the card front and the other to make the bow.  I used my Craft-Dee BowZ tool to tie the bow and, yes, I'm still just as crazy about it as I was when I first got it!.   Finally, I added a few pearls to the frames.  The frames themselves were so lovely that I didn't think a lot of embellishment was required.

     Challenges:
Clear It Out
Crafter's Cafe
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crafting Musketeers
Cuttlebug Mania
Get Creative
I {heart} ProMarkers
Inky Impressions
Inspiration Destination
Papertake Weekly
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrapy Land
Shabby Tea Room
Sisterhood of Crafters
SLS Lines

     It's early Saturday morning and I'm probably still lazing about in bed.  It was very late when I finished and scheduled this post last night so I deserve to sleep in.  Most morning I'm awake at or near 5:00 a.m. so even sleeping until 7:00 feels like a treat.  Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

Jo said...

It definitely worked NanaConnie, she's gorgeous.....and your layered frames are perfect for her!
hugs Jo x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card Ginny x

Faith A said...

Oh! so very pretty, love how you have coloured her.

Sharon said...

What a wonderful creation.
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty
Hugs Sharon
http://ewe2cancraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Anne Temple said...

Beautiful card and great coloring of the image. She definitely works as an all-occasion type of girl.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Just ADORABLE Connie! Have a fabulous weekend and Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Monochromatic’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Connie this is stunning! I love the gorgeous design and cute image. Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

What a lovely card! Those Spellbinder dies are perfect for your image! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #17!

jimlynn said...

Connie, that image is so sweet and adorable. Great coloring on it too. I especially love the way you framed her out with the dies. Very, very pretty once again!
Lynn

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania, good luck!!! Amy DT

Amy Ottmers said...

Thank you for joining us at Clear it Out, good luck!!! Amy DT

Michelle said...

What a wonderful creation - really lovely work and brilliant for our challenge - thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty and Good Luck - Michelle x

glendabrooks.blogspot.com said...

This is just very pretty creation! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters for our 'Monochromatic' challenge. Come again soon!

maureenjscott said...

Oh that's so cute! love your dies and colouring. Thanks for joining at SLS Lines this month! Our new challenge starts in a few days and I hope you will join us again! Mo x

lalkygirl said...

What a sweet card ,love the cute ppinky doll .love the vibrant pink too
Thanks for joining us at I love promarkers and good luck in the challenges
Tracey x

lalkygirl said...

Hi ...I am back with another DT hat on .fab card Nannaconnie and I love that you made the bow with your Craft-Dee BowZ tool
Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ and good luck in the challenges
Tracey x

Kim Kutie said...

Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.

Dawn Lancaster said...

Such a pretty wee thing! I love your card & your layered frames work beautifully'
Hugs
Dawn xx

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Such a cute image and card. Love the colours too.

Thanks for playing along with us at Inspiration Destination for our Anything Goes Challenge. Hope to see you again.

Lynda said...

so cute, love the way your colored her and that die cut is lovely x Thankyou for joining us over at Get Creative Challenges Lynda DT xx

Kerrie Brown said...

awww such a cute project

thank you so much for entering the 'Use a Diecut' challenge over at Crafting Musketeers Blog

hugs Kerrie xx
Crafting Musketeers DT