Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Garden Gnome


     I've done an extra card this month for the second week of our "Cute with a Sentiment" challenge at Aud Sentiments.  Our sponsor is Lacy Sunshine and I used a favorite image from my own collection, "NanaNancy."  She may have already been discontinued but she's so perfect as a celebration of my family's summer garden tradition and it's a rare summer that I don't find some excuse to use her on a card.  The mushrooms are from the LS "Gnome Digi Bits" set.



The sketch came from Papertake Weekly
# 38, turned 1 quarter turn.

     I colored Nana Nancy with my ProMarkers, then cut the image into a square and distressed the edges all the way around.  The CS was salvaged from the scrap basket and I distressed each piece of it.  I printed, colored, and fussy cut the mushrooms, then popped them up on dimensional dots.  Both ribbons are from my stash.  Those plus the dimension and distressing add lots of texture to this otherwise CAS design.

     Challenges:
Lacy Sunshine (diagonal L to R)

     OK, you still have another week to enter the "Cute" challenge so get going, don't forget the sentiment, and I'll see you at Aud Sentiments.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

  1. Why yes, I agree, everyone needs a garden gnome. I have three and love them all. This image is so darn cute and the distressing just seems to fit so nicely. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adorable image and card Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Connie, as you know my husband would definitely agree with the sentiment. Another fabulous card and adorable image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My youngest granddaughter calls gnomes 'those little people'! Your 'little people' is so cute!! Love her glasses perched on her nose. Cute, cute card Connie!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card NanaC! When we first moved into our house a number of years ago, we had lot's of little garden gnomes appear one by one as if by magic!
    Most of them have disintegrated over the years but every now & then we come across one hiding somewhere! They make me smile!
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutest little gnome EVER!
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card fabulous texture and thank you for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday crafty blessings Judith DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so very charming, lovely coloring and adorable image. Thanks for joining us at the Lacy Sunshine challenge. Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connie, this is such a fun image and you've done a stunning job coloring as well as making this a nice CAS design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and cute card! I know I need a garden gnome to help out :o) Great simple design too. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you did with the sketch Connie....Cute card..Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, cute image!
    Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! The mushrooms were a cute touch. Thanks for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
    Sara
    TTCRD DT
    FP3 {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute thanks foe playing at little claire. I have some candy so do hop over

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute. Love the specs!
    Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.