Friday, May 8, 2015

Climb a Tree

     Another Friday to start the weekend and another new challenge at QKR Stampede.  You already know how much I love their digi images but did you know they also have rubber stamps?  Those of you who aren't yet hooked on digis and who still like the feel of real rubber in your hands might think about looking for cute and unusual stamps over there, too.

     Our challenge theme this week is "Nature" and nothing says nature to me like a great tree which can be climbed.  When the spring leaves are fully opened and you can hear them rustling in the breeze, that's the time to climb one.

    Or, for those of you who just aren't into climbing anything, you can bring a hammock and just 'chill out' under the tree.  :-D

    This image is Digi 12702 "Old Tree."


I based my design on the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch.
reversed, squashed, and stretched for an A2 card.


     The ground and the sky are colored with chalk and the tree is done with ProMarkers.  After coloring, I used a rectangle die from Spellbinders to cut the image, then I inked the edges with distress ink.  I added that to a pre-cut, colored card front (DCWV) and added the bow.

     The butterfly is made from die cut shapes (two of them) layered together with dimensional dots.  I used old kraft paper which had been stamped with a text stamp.  The body is made with a wooden bead.

     Challenges:
Cards in Envy
Chalk n Stock
Country View Crafts
Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Glitter n Sparkle
Great Impressions
Loves Rubber Stamps
Mema's Crafts
Passion for ProMarkers

     Are you going to come and play with us this week?  You don't need to use a QKR image but if you do, you'll be entered into a separate drawing just for those who use one.  You'll increase your chances of winning by a huge amount if you use QKR Stampede digis or stamps.  Come play.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

For year when I was going up we had two big trees in our front yard, one on each end of the yard. My friends and I would climb up in them with our home made telephone (remember, two cups and a string?) and stay up there for hours to look out over the town and report the goings on to each other, which by the way there wasn't too much to report on, but we had tons of fun anyway. Thanks for bring back that memory for me this morning. Love, love, love you tree and the butterfly on the bow is ideal. Enjoy your upcoming weekend.

Davi said...

VERY cool card NC, I love the tree!! Trees always remind me of my childhood, climbing and hiding in them!! We had a huge tree in our front yard when my kids were growing up and even my daughters dog would climb up in it!!!

Sandy Trefger said...

I love big trees! And it's a great card for our When Nature Calls challenge! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards in Envy!

~Sandy
Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

Linda Simpson said...

I love trees and this is beautiful! Loving the bow and butterfly too. Enjoy your weekend my friend!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kim said...

Awesome job on coloring the tree. It looks so life like. Thank you for participating in the challenge at Mema's Crafts.

jimlynn said...

Even now, I wish I could still climb trees - and also build a tree house right in the very top! What a wonderful feeling!
A pretty, pretty card and fantastic coloring on that tree. Love the butterfly in the center of the bow.
Lynn

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is fabulous. I love your bow and butterfly.
Hugs,
Teresa

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, NC! This is wonderful! I love that tree - reminds me of my childhood! So glad you linked up with us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Anything Goes challenge. Wishing you the best of luck in our prize draw!

KT Fit Kitty
Glitter n Sparkle DT

Sassy Raggedy said...

Love how you added that bow up there. Fits perfectly...Great card. Happy Mother's Day my friend....Hugs, joann

Chasing the Dream said...

I cannot climb a tree, but I can sure put an hammock in a tree to relax and this beauty is the perfect tree for that. Great composition and colors. Have a fantastic weekend.
Hugs
Berni

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Beautifully coloured image and fab sketch. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Loves Rubberstamps this week. Come back and see us again soon. Hugs, Wends x Loves Rubberstamps DT

Vic said...

Gorgeous card.. love your colouring too:) Thanks for sharing with us over at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, I love the image and beautiful colouring.
Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge.
Sue xx

The Crafty Den said...

Beautiful card Connie. Such a perfect image to go with our theme this week. Thanks for joining us at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Pop, Paper, Scissors said...

Lovely tree. This card brings me back to my childhood and many sunny days in the mulberry tree. Very nice card.

Mynn Kitchen said...

What a great card! LOVE the beautiful image, the fun bow, and the lovely color scheme! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Dangina Martinez said...

So cool! So excited to have you sharing with Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Dawn Lancaster said...

What a great tree to climb! Race you up! Sweet card!
Hugs
Dawn xx

lorby said...

Very sweet card and great job with the chalk! Jearise from Chalk N Stock.