Sunday, May 17, 2015

Celebrate the Fairies

     What's would spring time be without a few fairies?  A Day for Daisies had this image as a freebie this week and some lovely colors in their inspiration photo.

    Here's what I did with both.


     I colored her with ProMarkers, adding a touch of glitter to her wings, then die cut her and my computer printed sentiment using a die set from QuicKutz.  I used a Distressed Ink pad from Tim Holtz on the edge of the sentiment oval.  All the papers are from The Paper Studio and I distressed some of those edges before layering everything together.  The ribbon was in my stash as were the flowers.  The leaves are die cut with a Cheery Lynn die.  I added the three pearls to the lower corner to balance the visual weight of the flowers.

     Challenges:
A Vintage Journey
ArtbyMiran
Craft for the Craic
Creative Corner
Inkspirational
Outlawz Coloring
Sister Act
STAMPlorations
Stamping Boutique

     Tomorrow I'll have another sentiment image for you, created by my friend, Teresa.   Be sure to stop by and grab it.  Happy Stamping.   NanaConnie

15 comments:

jimlynn said...

Connie, your card is striking! Love the purple background and the compliment colors for the oval. Very pretty image too.
Lynn

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

She's beautiful and very elegant!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Gorgeous card and lovely image. The rose is beautiful.
Hugs,
Teresa

sara denyer said...

I love A Day For Daisy! Excellent work! :D

sara denyer said...

*daisies! *

Sassy Raggedy said...

Don't you just love ADFD. One of my favorite artists. I need to do more of them. Your card is beautiful. I so love your coloring. Hope you are well. Hugs, joann

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my goodness Connie, this is fabulous! Love the image and gorgeous floral embellishments.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Dawn Lancaster said...

Oh but she's pretty & in my favourite colour too!
Great work NanaC!
Hugs
Dawn xx

*Vicki* said...

The colors look really amazing on this! Love that image and added flower! :)

Faith A said...

FABULOUS colouring, a beautiful card.

Annie said...

Thanks for joining in with us at AVJ

Annie :-)

Astrid Maclean said...

Great make! Thanks so much for adding it to our latest challenge at A Vintage Journey!

Yvonne Garner said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

Henryka Kowacz said...

Very nice! Thank you for joining us on Craft for the Craig. Henryka DT.

Sari / Granne said...

So pretty, love how the image pops out and those flowers are gorgeous. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations May challenge. Hope to see you in June's too, :=)