Thursday, April 2, 2015

Tulip Bunny

     I'm getting close to the end of my Easter cards and have begun using images which could be for a birthday, for Mother's Day, or for a general spring theme.  Today, our challenge at Outlawz Twisted Thursday has an "Easter/Spring" optional theme (we're always 'Anything Goes') so this darling image worked perfectly.  Can you tell I'm finally using those Lily of the Valley stamps I got more than a year ago and hadn't used until this last couple of weeks?  I'm on a roll with them now.  :-D


I used the basic sketch at The Sweetest Thing
but flipped it from top to bottom.


     To color this one, I used a combination of chalks, Copics, and ProMarkers, then I die cut the image and two mats.  That's an older die set from QuicKutz which I haven't seen in the shops for a while so it may have been discontinued.  I love the lacy, 'doily' look of it.  I added satin ribbon for an embellishment and the bow is tied separately, then adhered.  Very CAS and easy to make.  Can you believe everything came from scraps on my work table?

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
Allsorts
Come and Get It
Corrosive Challenge
Crazy 4 Challenges
Di's Digi Designs
My Sheri Crafts
My Time to Craft
Robyn's Fetish
That Craft Place

     Come play with us this week, won't you?  It's "Anything Goes" but you can add the optional twist of "Easter/Spring" if you like.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card that image is so cute the black frame looks amazing, superb make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute as anything and I love the dies. Have a good day. Good thing I only have a few Easter cards to make because I'm just starting them today. YIKES!!!!I forgot all about making them before I went on vacation. I guess I was too much in vacation mode. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Easter card Connie! I love those little bunny images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Connie, this is gorgeous, I do love the cute little bunny!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and so well crafted! Thanks for playing on our street here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you framed that beautiful image. So pretty! Thank you for joining us at My Time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card
    thanks for playing with us at di's digi
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring on that cute image Connie. Love the black in the framework too. Really makes the entire card pop!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love those die cuts too. Your bunny image with the tulips is darling and you coloured it so beautifully. I think it is cool that you are combining different media in your coloring techniques.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is beautiful my dear...I also love that doily look to the black frame. Fantastic job on the coloring. Just beautiful. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute bunny card, wonderfully colored!

    Glad that you could join us for the challenge at Come And Get It…..hope to see you back soon!

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perfect card for our theme this week, thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet image! Love the coloring on it! Love the look with the dies as well! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card, love the dies, great idea to cut a little off one, (I presume) cute image too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow- I love this card- the pop of red on the rim of the white layered on the black is awesome- and it really brings the focus in to the beautifully colored and quite sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a fabulous card, such a cute image and lovely CAS design.
    Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Designs.
    Pauline
    x
    I have Birthday candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.