Monday, April 6, 2015

Thoughts for You

     The April Progressive Challenge at Deedee's Digis is under way and the set for this month is both lovely and versatile.  I used it for a card expressing thoughts and prayers.  The frame and the sentiment are both from the Blooming Blessings set.  There are also sentiments for Mother's Day, for Spring, for Get Well, and Congratulations.


     The card front is embossed and rubbed with chalk.  The circular frame image is hand cut and the sentiment is corner punched; both are adhered with dimensional dots.  The bow was tied using my new bow maker from Craft-Dee BowZ (I do love it!!) and I also attached a left over scrap of sheer ribbon to it for a bit of sparkle.  I added yellow glitter to the center of the flowers on the frame.  I wanted it to remain very CAS.

     Challenges:
Brown Sugar
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Catz
Crafty Creations
Inspiration Destination
Jo's Scrap Shack
Scrap & Craft
Scrapbooker Ph.D.
Word Art Weds.

     I hope you'll come and play in our monthy Digi of the Month (DOM) challenge.  It's a progressive challenge which means that you can purchase, at a much reduced price, the DOM set for the first month you play, and then you get the set for the following month as a freebie!  :-D  Each month that you play, you'll get a set for the next month free.  Hope to see you over there.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful job with this nice set, Connie. Love both the ribbons. Hope you had a nice day with your family yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this set Connie and such a beautiful card too. I hope you are enjoying your Easter!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very lovely design Connie!! I love the softness and that gorgeous ribbon too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie,
    Lovely card, and enjoyed reading how it all came together. Thank you for stopping by, just makes my day.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is the 2nd card I've seen using this set. What a great set! I still don't see how you can do such a neat job on hand cutting frames.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A CAS beauty! You sure can do fussy cutting a lot better than me. Love your card Connie.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card-clean and simple! Thanks for playing with us at Scrapbooker PHD!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card. Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by to play along with us. I always love seeing your sweet cards and appreciate you sharing with us.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful in its simplicity. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for entering our 'anything goes' challenge at Crafty Catz with this beautiful card. Love the CAS style of this project. Hope to see your creations again!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, love the CAS style. Thanks for joining us this week in our Funday Friday challenge!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Connie, Thank you for joining in with us at Scrap & Craft this time, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Connie,
    First and foremost, I love your feline friends. They are so cute! Mine feel that I am their human, not them as my cats :)

    I really love the simplicity and versatility of your card. It is wonderful to have cards like this in your stash.

    Thank you for joining us for the Fun-day Friday Challenge at ~Jo's Scrap Shack~

    Happy crafting,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and such a nice neat design. Thanks for joining us this week t Brown Sugar Challenges. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card! I love the way you popped up the sentiment :) Thanks for joining us at Scrapbooker PhD this month! DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  16. That bow is fantastic. I Just bought one of the bow makers to help me make better bows. Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD's Challenge - Focus on Sentiment. DT - Faith

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.