Thursday, April 23, 2015

Teddy Bear for Mum

     Thursday and that means another another new challenge is starting today at Outlawz Twisted Thursday where our theme is always "Anything Goes" and where we add an optional twist if you want to use it.  This week our twist is "Add a Sentiment."

     I'm using the last of my purchased-last-spring-but-never-used Lily of the Valley stamps for this darling Mother's Day card.   Warning -- I've ordered another 6 LOTV stamps which should be arriving in the next week or so.  However, this time I plan to use them instead of letting them sit idle for a year.  :-D


I found a sketch at Sketch Saturday and turned it sideways,
and my colors were pulled from the photo at Cupcake Inspirations.

  

     I thought an easel card would be nice but wanted to make it long rather than tall.  It's an A2 size card with the fold running lengthwise and folded again half-way down.  I attached the card front along the mid-line fold, leaving the top free.

     I used ProMarkers, chalk, and gel pen for coloring, then framed the image with CS and dp, and I corner punched each layer as I went along.  Both of my ribbons are from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the flower was made from things in my stash.  I made the sentiment by layering it with ribbon and CS and it became my easel 'stop.'

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
A Gem of a Challenge
Catch the Bug (first diagonal)
Come and Get It (bear)
Di's Digi Designs
Hiding in My Craft Room
Kit and Clowder
My Sheri Crafts
Outlawz CAS
Sentimental Sundays

     That's it for today.  I'm not sure what other posts I may have this week or next.  Everything depends on my camera repair.  If it's not one thing, it's another -- computer, camera, what next?  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

33 comments:

Malika said...

lovely cute card

malika

Malika said...

very nice card

malika

Jo said...

Lovely card NanaConnie, cute image, a great fold & fab colours. Hope you're well & having a lovely week.
hugs Jo x

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Connie now that I have a bit more me time popping by to say hi fabulous card hun crafty blessings Judith x

Donna Ellis said...

This image could not be any cuter, Connie - and your coloring is outstanding! Love your balloons especially! Pure delight! hugs, de

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card Ginny x

Sandy said...

Your card is so sweet! Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week. - Sandy, DT Sweetie

Marge said...

Thanks so much for sharing your CUTE Mother's Day card with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

Janet McLaughlin said...

Very cute card, Connie! Love the colors!

Céline said...

so gorgeous

thanks for playing with us at di's digi
hugs
céline

Faith A said...

This is so VERY pretty, love the ribbon too.

jimlynn said...

Sweet, pretty, and cute all rolled into one!! Fabulous coloring once again Connie. Love it.
Lynn

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Such a cute and adorable image
Thanks so much for linking up and playing along at AAA Cards.

Judy McKay said...

Very cute card. Love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy DT

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love how the ribbon matches the design in the balloons. And, the purple is lovely!

Tina said...

super adorable...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Teresa Arsenault said...

Oh, NanaConnie, this is so darling. I love how you put the image on an angle. Sweet CAS design.
Hugs,
Teresa

Sassy Raggedy said...

This is super cute and adorable. I love it. Hugs, joann

sue k said...

Very cute and fun card, great colors, layers, image and design. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue - HIMCR DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Grenouille Greetings said...

A creation a mother would be proud of! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Sketch Saturday with this pretty card. Hugs, Lesley

Wendy Fraser said...

Such a sweet card, your colouring is amazing, thanks for joining us at A gem of a Challenge xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Very cute. Great coloring. Thanks for sharing, linking up with us and playing at AAA Cards!

Victoria Lavender said...

Hi Connie, I hope Springtime is happily happening for you. Great card for our challenge! Sweet stamping and gentle colors, a delight. Thanks for visiting and playing with us. Take care, hugs- Victoria AAA Cards

THE BLUEBERRY BEAR said...

Your card is so sweet! I love the bear! Thanks for playing Bingo this week with us at Bugaboo Stamps. I am holding thumbs that your card comes up a winner in the draw. Please join us again soon.
Love
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT

Niki Rowland said...

Super cute image and great take on the sketch. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks so much for joining us in our April Bingo Challenge, I love your project and hope you will join us again very soon!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Darling card, NC! This adorable bear just makes me smile. Beautiful colors and ribbon.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a cute ad adorable creation
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Dawn Frost said...

Hi NannaConnie! I love your card, the colour and frame are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for Catch the Bug Bingo challenge hope to see you again, Dawn Bugaboo DT.

Jill Vickers said...

Love the really cute image! Great Springtime colours - thanks so much for sharing with us at AAA Cards this week! Jill

mulberry station said...

Awww, what a sweet card! I love the colors and your adorable image. Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug.

Dawn Lancaster said...

Gorgeous card & amazing colouring!
Hugs
Dawn xx

P.G. Lamb said...

Very cute card! Thaks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts.