Monday, April 27, 2015

Rain Boots and Umbrellas

     It's been so long since I picked up an actual rubber stamp!  I'm totally hooked on digis so most of my rubber stamps are languishing in a drawer or box, but I was cleaning up and organizing the craft room when I ran across an old, old set of rubber stamps by Sparkle n Sprinkle that seemed perfect for a 'rainmaking' card.  We need rain so desperately in California.  After I got the card done on Saturday morning, we actually had an hour of light rain so something was working.  :-D


     This is a single layer, CAS card and since I was using rubber, I decided it was also time to do a bit of heat embossing (Black Detail powder) -- another thing which has been forgotten.   I love heat embossing because of the shine it gives to the card.  Hard to photograph but lovely IRL.  As silly as it sounds, after years of doing heat embossing, I still get a kick out of watching the EP turn from powdery to shiny.

     I added splashes of color using my ProMarkers and stamped the sentiment after 'coloring' it with a pink ProMarker.  Although it's hard to see in the photo, I added glue and loose glitter to the leaves and then put a tiny bit on the bow as though it was a little gem.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Crafting from the Heart
Creative Moments
Dream It Up
FHL- Throwback Thurs
Frosted Designs
In the Pink
Love to Scrap
Mod Squad
Not Just Cards
Paper Girls
Simon Says Stamp
Time Out
Tuesday Throwdown (Do raindrops count?) :-D
Word Art Weds.

     I'm getting back in the swing of thing now that I have most of the cards I made during my down time all photographed.  So glad to be back with actual pictures.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

  1. Love this card, Connie. I think you be a secret lover of CAS card because you do them so well. Sorry I was MIA last week, doggie sitting, you understand I'm hope. Wishing you a great week now that you have your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS card! I'm glad to see that your camera is working again and that you had some rain. Maybe you need to create another card using this stamp set next month to see if it brings some rain :-). I still love watching embossing powder heat up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey NC!!! Wow, I haven't seen you pull out any stamps in a looong time! ;) I LOVE this!! Yes!! I think the rain drops count for being "Up in the air!!" LOL!! Love that added bow on your umbrella!! Fabulous make my friend and thanks for joining along with us at Tuesday Throwdown!! Love seeing your cards in there my friend! ;) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie, I do love the sentiment! The umbrella and wellies especially I would wear! Love them!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely CAS card Connie! I can clearly see the sparkle on the leaves! Great job!
    Thanks for playing along at In The Pink. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you have the rain coming down on that umbrella! Cute one layer card!
    I've been dragging out some of my older stamps lately too. It's about time to give the oldies a new life!
    Hope your year isn't as dry as the last one way and you have rain showers all the time!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one NanaC! Great images & wonderful sentiment! It' fun to get the ink out now & again isn't it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun and sweet, Connie ... the touches of colour amid the shiny black embossing are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is truly fabulous, NanaConnie. What a great design. I love your added rain and that sentiment is terrific.

    I still get a thrill from watching the embossing powder turn glossy, too.

    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love this! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT card, and as it brought some rain, I suggest you go outside and dance in wellies, it may bring more rain LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. How adorable. Could not be any cuter. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your top 3 at Tuesday Throwdown! I like the black with the hot pink combo.
    Kathy D.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute card. Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the <a href="http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com”>Mod Squad Challenge</a>

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is super cute! Thank you so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous CAS card!! I have to admit, I like watching the embossing powder turn, too. I really like how you colored in the details on the embossed image and the bit of glitter on the bow is a great touch. Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great card for the challenge! And I really like the CAS-style! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love watching the embossing powder melt into shiny happiness too :) Great card! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Girls challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
    HeatherM

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a beautiful CAs card. Very nicly done. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab card I love heat embossing too!
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely clean and simple card. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.