Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Mother's Day Birthday

     Every few years, my friend's birthday falls on Mother's Day and I try to make sure she gets a card from me celebrating both of those events.  On this card, I used one of my new LOTV stamps.  Remember a week or so ago, I told you I'd ordered some new stamps from Lily of the Valley?  I also promised that they weren't going to sit in a drawer, unused for 3 years, like the ones I had purchased before.  lol  Keeping that promise, I used this stamp the same day it arrived.

     This card is my DT card for the new challenge starting today in the Twisted Thursday challenge over at the Outlawz.  Our theme is always "Anything Goes" but we always have an optional twist if you want to use it.  The last Thursday of the month, even the twist is "Anything Goes" so this week you can do anything you like and still do two entries.  :-D


     I used watercolors, ProMarkers, and gel inks on the image and then used dies from Spellbinders to cut the image and the mat.  The card base layer is embossed with my "Linen" folder for some texture.  I added sparkly twine to one corner, and layered a strip of dp from DCWV behind the image, then did the sentiment using white ink.  The three little pearl heart buttons were in my stash.  I inked the edges of the card with distress inks.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
Come and Get It
Crafting from the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Crafty Girlz
Design Team Showcase
Digi Sketch
Incy Wincy
Kit and Clowder
My Time to Craft
Not Just Cards
One Stitch at a Time
Paper Girls
Pink Elephant
Simon Says Stamp
Simply Papercrafts
Sister Act
Stamp and Create

     That's it for me today.  I hope you'll come play with us this week.  How can you beat an Anything Goes week?   Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful : ) I love the image and your coloring is beautiful! Especially love how you outlined the flower! How awesome to have such a special friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and fantastic colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card. I love that big flower. Your sparkly twice add a nice touch along with your three little buttons. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Connie, doesn't that die cut look amazing when used like that? So dramatic, and a great background for your sweet image - it is beautifully colored, by the way, and I love the white outline in your rose! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Connie. Love your colouring :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWE!! This is absolutely darling NC!! I adore that image and your water-coloring looks fantastic dear!! :) So happy to see you playing along at ATSM my friend!! (P.S. Be sure to check out rules...no more than 10 total challenges combined. Just wanted to be sure you knew this sweetie!!) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute little image and loving the dies you have used.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rose is beautiful and your coloring is spectacular. Great card.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely...Super cute image and love your coloring. I am sure your friend will love it as well. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super cute image and love the colours and colouring you have done. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your color combo. Great image as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO cute! Love the image. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and I hope you'll join us again soon.

    Hugs,
    Em AKA Creative Em
    613 Avenue Create DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. So cute. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy designs this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "spring is in the air” challenge over at Come and Get it & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, love those dies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nana Connie - Did Grand Duchess, Molly and Honey help you with this one because it just rocks it is so cute!!! just adorable cute like they are. maybe your muse(s)? thanks for coming over to OSAAT and see you soon I hope. Best, samara DT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute image! I olove the dies you've used & your linen embossing folder is brilliant!
    Love your colouring too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweetly colored image! Your card made me smile, I hope you have a good day as well. :) Thank you so much for joining in on TPE's Anything Goes challenge this week!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. how cute is this one?!
    Thanks for playing along in the Design Team Showcase.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.