Sunday, April 26, 2015

Hope and a Warm Hello

     This is the first of my posts today and it's my DT post for Aud Sentiments which was due last Thursday.  What with the camera glitch, I couldn't get anything photographed but now that I have the camera back from the factory, I've been on a photography binge this morning.  :-D

     Our wonderful sponsor this fortnight is The Paper Shelter and our theme is "Things with Wings" plus you must have a sentiment on your card.  This TPS image is called "Hope" and I think she's gorgeous with her sweet dove.


     I tried a new technique which I learned recently from my friend, Donna (Creative Smiles.)  I wanted to use that lovely die cut frame (Spellbinders) but my image was large enough that it wouldn't fit.  I cut the frame at top and bottom and both sides, and then framed the image with the pieces.  I added the punched flowers and the bows to cover the 'holes' in the frame.

     The sentiment is hand printed on the dp, which is from a stack by DCWV.

     Challenges:
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crafter's Cafe
Craft Your Passion
Crafty Cardmakers
Crafty Creations
Crafty Gals Corner
Digi Chooseday
Loves Rubber Stamps
Mema's

     I'll have another post up shortly for my QKR Stampede DT card,which is also late due to camera problems.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

~ginny said...

What a great tip Connie... cutting a die in quarters to frame a picture that is too big! That was a duh moment - why didn't I ever think of this?? I really like the mirror image effect with the dual bows and flowers. Well done girl!
~ginny
RubberMAD

Linda Simpson said...

Thanks for the tip! I love this gorgeous frame and your cute bows! A beautiful image Connie!
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

She really is gorgeous! Framed out wonderfully and love those cute bows.
Lynn

Rebecca Billard said...

So beautiful! Love your coloring and those cute flowers and bows! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful image and gorgeous colors!! :) HUGS

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fabulous and I love her hair! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Great tip on cutting the frame. I will try that. She is colored perfectly and that makes for a great card. Hugs, joann

Donna Ellis said...

Love what you have done with the frame, Miss Connie! I especially like that you cut it in 4 places (top and bottom), using different design pieces to compensate! BEAUTIFUL! Now I actually want that die cut! LOL too funny!

Your image is FABULOUS! The shading in her hair (and elsewhere) is amazing - for the 2nd time this morning, I am going to visit the image sponsor! Thanks for the great tips! hugs, de

tanya miller said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Spots and Dots challenge (DT)

Anna-Karin said...

This is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hugs Anna-Karin

Marcy said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely card and loved the tip about cutting the die (I've done this in the past but it has slipped my mind)

Love the colours and that image is so cute too. Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion.

Lynn, CYP DT

chanya13 said...

Fabulous creation with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner. Agnieszka DT

Eve's Card Designs said...

Lovely card and just perfect for our 'Spots & Dots' challenge at Digi Choosday Challenge. Thanks for joining in the fun with us! Yvonne (DT)

Sally Dodger said...

A very pretty card. Your image is beautiful and such a good idea to extend the frame. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

Ann said...

Saw some fab creations as I scrolled down your blog page. Ann xxx teamie at Aud Sentiments

lalkygirl said...

Fab card and i love how you made the frame fit
Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ and good luck in the challenges
Tracey x

J said...

What a striking image, beautifully coloured. And a top tip about the frame! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers & more...

Jackie