Saturday, April 25, 2015

Cat Nap in the Flowers

    Woohoo!  I have my camera back!  Now I'm going to play catch up so I'll have only this post tonight and two late DT posts tomorrow.  I only had enough daylight to take this one photo (making sure everything was working again) but the rest will get photographed in the morning.  :-D

     For this darling card, I used an image from AuroraWings which I dearly love and use every few months whenever I can find a reason to do so.  :-D


     The image is printed on the card front along with the sentiment, then colored with ProMarkers and watercolors.  I added glitter to some of the flower centers and to the butterfly.   The twine was the only embellishment because I wanted this card to be CAS.  It's for a young boy in my neighborhood who just happens to think that my white cat is the cutest thing he's ever seen.  Whenever he's visiting his grandparents, he loves to come by and watch for Honey to sit in her window.  They stare at each other as though each is trying to decipher what the other is thinking as they watch each other for minutes at a time.  I wanted him to have a white kitten of his very own and this is the best I could do. :-D

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Creative Card Crew
Cutie Pie
Love to Scrap
Not Just Cards
Paper Girls
Stamp and Create
Through the Purple Haze
Whoopsi Daisy

     It feels so good to be back posting again!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie  

21 comments:

  1. Clean and simple perfection! Love that cute kitty and your beautiful coloring.
    How fun to give this card to that young man so he'll have his own little white kitty too. He's going to be so excited.
    YEA on getting the camera working again!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous CAS card, love the little kitten and flowers.bthanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Jennifer DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. NanaC, this card made me awwww out loud! Hubby wndered what was wrong! Lol!
    Sweet litle kitty & a gorgeous creation!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of you to make a card for him, Connie! And what a precious one it is! Love the image and your CAS design. Thanks so much for joining us at The Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you have your camera again. :)

    and this is such a sweet card! I don't think I've seen this little kitty before, so I'll have to go track it down. and what a wonderful story of the boy you made the card for. he is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I adore this card and loving the cute image. Glad to hear you have your camera back and looking forward to seeing more of your creations. I am sure the little boy will love this card and cherish it too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to "see" you back. and with a beautiful card, what a lovely thing to do for your little fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous CAS style with your kitty in the middle of the blooms!! Really fabulous Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute kitten card, I need to make a few for my sister who also is a cat lover. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew and our sentiment challenge. Vicki DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful image Connie. I love the wonderful story of your little friend. He will enjoy this card so much. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute, love that image!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how adorable, reminds me of a cat I used to have, she looked very like that as a kitten. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, NanaConnie! I'm so happy to know that you love this kitty image and use it so often. ^_^ I love the blue flowers, touch of glitter, and the pretty butterfly detail. Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings Challenge.

    Mitzi xxx
    Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for joining in with the PaperGirls! Your card is adorable and the little glittery bits are a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That image is so precious! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Girls Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet image and nice touch with the water colouring.
    Thanks for sharing and joining us on Love To Scrap Challeng blog. Best of luck with your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cute card with lovely image and colour combo
    Thanks for sharing with us at the cutie pies
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love seeing CAS cards. This is wonderful. The image is adorable and you did a great job with it. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.