Monday, March 30, 2015

What Kind of Wedding Card is That?

     This card should give you a smile.  I hope the title of this post has piqued your curiosity enough to read the explanation.  I got a phone call from one of my kids asking if  I could make a quick wedding card for her to give (she's a bridesmaid) and she needs it in less than two hours!  My mind immediately fills with lots of frilly die cuts, maybe glittered flowers, and white-on-white (which I don't do well) along with lace and satin ribbon.

     Just coming up with a design is going to fill up the two hour time slot and I'm about to say "That's not enough time" when she says, "They aren't frou-frou people; they love baseball and their wedding colors came from their favorite baseball team.  Could you do a combination baseball and wedding theme?"    Oh, boy!

     Here's the result -- it's for a wedding but could just as well be a birthday, or any kind of special celebration or congratulatory occasion.  :-D


I chose colors from Catch the Bug.


     The image is from LOTV (another of those more-than-a-year-old stamps I've never used) and is colored mostly with chalks but also with some watercolor pencil for the kitten's stripes and fur.  I die cut the image and the sentiment, then corner punched the sentiment to give it the look of a baseball diamond.   The dp is from The Paper Studio and I embossed it with a "Lattice" folder from SU.  The stitched ribbon was a scrap from my stash.  I tied a cord bow through the "LOVE" charm and added it to the sentiment.

     Once the idea began forming in my brain, it took me an hour and a half to get the card made, including coloring.  I really was proud of it and my daughter loved it.  I told her the next time she wanted a special occasion card, she had to give me a bit more notice.  I mean, it isn't like she didn't know about the wedding months ago or had forgotten that I make cards. lol

     Challenges:
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards
Crafty Calendar
Crafty Ribbons
FHL- Throwback Thursday
Inky Impressions
Inspiration Destination
Simon Says Stamp
Simply Papercraft
Sister Act
Word Art Weds.

     If you're reading this post, that means my old computer held together long enough for me to get this post written and scheduled, and that's a good thing.  I'm going to be replacing the computer but it'll be a few days (I hope days, not weeks) before that happens.  Stretching the budget, don'cha know.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

20 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Yes this is a funny wedding card, but it sounds just like what this couple would love to receive. Love that image, so darn cute with the champagne glasses and all the bubbles you gave them. Darling charm with the bow. Yes, DD needs to allow more type for your creative mind to get into gear. Doesn't she know that??? LOL!

Granmargaret said...

Great card

Anet van Zyl said...

Adorable card. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

jimlynn said...

You must have a brilliant mind to come up with this perfect wedding card!!!! LOVE IT!
Lynn

Mamma Mia said...

This is a great wedding card Connie and I'm sure the couple will love it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets minimal notice on "I need a card" ... congratulations on creating such a fab card within the time limit!
Helen x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

wonderful card and colour combo Ginny x

Heather said...

A fabulous card Connie, a lovely design and papers.......your little kitty is adorable, beautifully colour and lovely details!!

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Donna Ellis said...

Gosh, this card is perfect for any type of celebration, isn't it Miss Connie? Love the colors used from the color challenge, and such darling little bubblies floating from their champagne! Darling card! Hope you are doing well, and that your container garden continues producing! hugs, de

Faith A said...

WOW! this is an achievement, a fabulous card and in such a short time, well done and Congratulations to you :)
I really, really like this different wedding card.

Linda Simpson said...

Thanks for the chuckle Connie! This is a fabulous card and so love the image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Such a super sweet card Connie!! That image is so sweet!! You came up with a wonderful idea and I'm sure they'll love it! ;)

Jackie Scott said...

Only one of your kids would give you such short notice! And you did hit a home run, this card is the sweetest! With cheers (toasting) and your sentiment!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Wow. You really knocked this one out of the park, g/f! (pun intended) Your coloring is fantastic; gorgeous design and colours; but my absolute favourite thing is the sentiment -PERFECT.
Hugs,
Teresa

Kathy D. said...

I love cards like these that challenge us. You knocked it out of the park!! I love it and it is perfect for them. They will love it. Hope you get a new computer soon.
Kathy D.

Julie Temple said...

THis is just precious! Thanks for joining us this week at Bugaboo's Catch The Bug!
Julie
Bugaboo DT

Jo Ann said...

What an awesome design. Love the colors and lay-out. Aside from your card, I love the pic in your banner as well as all the cats you have in your sidebar...They are absolutely adorable! I am so glad you joined us in our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We are beginning another challenge today so, hope you link with us again. Leaving you an inspirational verse as declared by Jesus to them that believe in John 6:39 and it says, "And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. " Have a blessed week!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Aloha Nanaconnie!! Your card is adorable!! Thanks for playing along in my "Throwback Thursday" Challenge... I hope you will join me again this week. Blessings, Jen

sammi said...

Really cute card NanaConnie! Love it! Thank you so much for linking up with us in our “March Color” challenge at Catch The Bug! Please join us, again, next time, for a new challenge and more chances to win! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Helen said...

A really great card - you did such a good job in the time frame you had!

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge

Helen x

CraftyShutterbug said...

I think this is fabulous :)
The colours are great together, and that image is just delightful-perfectly coloured. Thanks for joining us this time at Simply Papercraft :)
Rachel, DT xx