Thursday, March 12, 2015

Three Wishes

     If you're looking for my Outlawz Twisted Thursday Post, 
please scroll down to the next post.

     My second post of the day and another card using my favorite technique of putting just a fancy, framing die cut around the image for a really CAS card that doesn't look simple.  This one was made for the new Aud Sentiments challenge (Use a 2 word sentiment) using an image from our wonderful sponsor, Scrapper's Delights.  This image is called "Genie 1" and if you're lucky, she'll grant you '3 Wishes.'  :-D


     I used Copics to color the image this time.  I got the transparent look on her genie pants by adding blue chalk over the pinkish skin tones done with Copics.

     The frame is cut with a die from Cheery Lynn and cut from some old dp that's been hiding in my stash.  I cut the image itself with a rectangle die from Spellbnders, then rounded the corners with a hand punch.  The sentiment was printed and hand cut, with the edges inked.

     The only embellishments are the punched flowers in the corners.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Cardmakers
Digi Galore
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
MarkerPOP
Open-Minded Crafting Fun
Scribble & Scrap
Through the Purple Haze
Tuesday Throwdown

     Think up your own "2 Word Sentiment" and come play with us at Aud Sentiments.  That's it for me today.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card love the colours and design Ginny x

Donna Hanley said...

Jeannie in the bottle I'd know her anywhere. Fantastic job with her pants, Connie.Snazzy die cut. Have a great day.

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and I do love the frame you have used which showcases the image beautifully.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Saw this card on Aud Sentiments this morning and the blue is gorgeous and stands out so nicely on your design here!! Beautiful work my friend!! And I thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown of course! ;) HUGS

Dawn said...

Sweet card, well done on the transparent trousers. Thanks for joining us at TTPH this time. Good luck.
hugs
Dawn TTPH DT xx

fiona henderson said...

This is one sweet and cute card..

Fiona dT
TTPH

Faith A said...

quote - "using my favorite technique of putting just a fancy, framing die cut around the image for a really CAS card that doesn't look simple."

You certainly know how to do that, it looks beautiful.

Sue said...

Such a pretty card thanks for joining us at TTPH hugs Sue DT xx

Jacquie said...

Hi NanaConnie,

Lovely to see you on here, beautiful card,great colouring and I love the frame.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie j xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Teresa Arsenault said...

So cute. Reminds me of that show, "I Dream of Jeannie".
Hugs,
Teresa

Sassy Raggedy said...

Connie I love the frame you used. That is beautiful. How creative to use chalk for the transparent look. Great card. Hugs, joann

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Great project and I love the frame with that image! Thank you for joining us in our Anything Goes Challenge over at MarkerPop!

Myndi said...

What a cute card! Thank you for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun for our Luck challenge!
Myndi, DT

Rebecca Wong said...

Oh, this is cute. Thanks for sharing in Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, good luck to you!
Rebecca, DT

Ann said...

Great card - you're colouring is just beautiful.
Ann xxx

Chasing the Dream said...

Now I must come on down and borrow those frames. This is a winner for sure. Just love it. May need to research this one for the craft room. The image is so adorable. Nicely colored and again loving the blue frame.
Hugs

~ginny said...

Some fancy coloring going on here Connie! Love what you did with the transparent look using blue chalk, and the lines in her brown eyes are a really nice touch! I certainly like the idea of a fancy frame to gussy up an otherwise CAS card - nicely done!
~ginny
RubberMAD

Hanne M. said...

This is really lovely card NanaConnie! I love the harmonius look and feel of it - and I wouldn't mind 3 wishes... Great job with the transparent trousers! I find it really difficult to do transparent, so I'm always avoiding it. :) Thanks for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, Good Luck! Hope to see you soon again.

Hugs,
Hanne, DT

Lynne said...

Stunning card!!! Your coloring is always impeccable!!!! Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun and hope to see you again at the next challenge! Good luck!
Hugs,

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful image and design, thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more.
Hugs Julie xxx

Dawn Lancaster said...

Another sweet card, I love the image & the gorgeous frame!
D x

Sue U said...

Beautiful card, this image suits this die cut so well!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More, good luck and hope to see you again soon

Sue xx