Monday, March 23, 2015

Kitten with Flowers

     This is one of the images I was coloring over the weekend and it's by Lily of the Valley.  I have so many LOTV stamps and I hate to admit that I rarely use them.  I fell in love with the images last year, ordered a bunch of stamps, paid the shipping to have them sent from the UK to the US, and I think I've only used one of them one time.  Sigh...

     But this weekend, I must have colored more than half a dozen of them and they are now waiting to be made into cards.  This one has no sentiment yet because I haven't decided if I'm going to use it as a Mother's Day card or a birthday card.  My guess is it'll end up being for a birthday because I have more need of those.  Isn't this an adorable image?  Knowing how I love cats, you can see why I just had to have this one. Shame on me for not using it before this.   :-D


I used the sketch from Outlawz, but I reversed it.


     I used a combo of ProMarkers and Copics, then die cut the image with a die from Spellbinders.  I matted it with a hexagon die cut (QuicKutz) and matted that with a doily.  The background dp is from one of the scrapbooking stacks by DCWV.  I also used that same dp on the inside and on the envelope liner, but I forgot to photograph those.

     The ribbon was in the prize I won last month at Craft-Dee Bowz challenge.  Quick story here and I apologize ahead of time for sounding like a commercial.  No, I have no monetary interest whatsoever in Craft-Dee BowZ.  :-D  Back up the story to the fact that part of the reason I make all those little 'hand-sewn' bows that I make by the dozens is because I have no talent whatsoever when it comes to making tied bows.  :-(  I've tried all sorts of 'magic' methods for bows and purchased several products which all but guarantee that using them will make all your bows perfect.  Yeah, right!  Well, not in my hands anyway.

     When I won the ribbon over at Craft-Dee BowZ, I finally decided to order one of their bow makers.  I'd been seeing them ever since they first started marketing them.  In fact, the first couple of times I entered their challenges, it was in hopes of winning one of them.  Now it was time to just order the bow maker and see how it worked.

     I LOVE IT !!!  I tied two dozen perfect bows yesterday and put them in my stash.  I may never sew another bow!  :-D  I even played with a double bow and it came out exactly the way I wanted it so I added it to this card.  I'm so happy.  If you have trouble with bows, order one it these.  You won't be disappointed, I promise.  Here's a link to the Craft-Dee BowZ site where you'll see a photo of it.

     Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks
Corrosive Challenge
C.R.A.F.T.
Craft for the Craic (middle row)
Crafty Ribbons
Creative Moments
FHL- Throwdown Thursday
Fussy and Fancy
In the Pink
One Stitch at a Time
Paper Shelter
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Scrap & Craft
Scribble & Scrap


     Happy Stamping, my friends.  NanaConnie

30 comments:

Judy said...

Hey Connie,

Love this card hun. Your coloring looks so soft and pretty!

I'm going to have to check out the bow maker.

xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant card Ginny x

MiamiKel said...

Very cute! Gorgeous colors on this one!

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is fabulous Connie, I do so love he cute kitty and the bow is fabulous.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Asha said...

Oh so adorable, NC. And beautifully coloured... so soft and delicate!
hugs, Asha

Laura said...

Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons Connie!
Laura (DT)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I have done the same thing....ordered and then not use because something else took precedence. Don't know if I have order that far away though and not use...haha that is a beautiful bow and I will go to you tube to see instructions. I have something similar and have been trying to double and trip the bow. It looks much better but still don't think as sweet as yours. Makes some bows with this new gadget with silk or another ribbon besides the sheer so I can have a better look with these old eyes. Back to your card. Love Love Love it I do love LOTV stamps but never purchased.

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous Connie, I like the flowers,Thank You for playing along with us at Scrap & Craft this time, hope to see you again, Good Luck.
Kevin Scrap & Craft DT xx

Chasing the Dream said...

Awe, can you send this feline over to my home, where I can adopt her. This image is so cute and your coloring is fab. I thought I was bad in buying items and sitting on them for awhile. I sat on the Bow it all for a little bite. But now, I love it. Perfect bows.
Hugs
Berni

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a super sweet image. You have coloured it beautifully. Love it.
hugs,
Teresa

Gail Townsend said...

Lovely sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments. Gail DT

Brenda said...

This is a darling card! Beautiful coloring and your bow is fab...have to check out the bow tool, Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge! Brenda :)

Jacquie said...

Hi NannaConnie,

Beautiful card, such a sweet image. Love the photos of your cats, so beautiful, I have two of my own Leo who is coming up to 15 yrs and Mia who is 14 yrs, I love them both to bits.

Have a great day

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Benzi said...

I can't believe you haven't used this kitty image before, knowing how you love kitties/cats.

Oh, I have a bow maker somewhere and haven't seen it in forever. I need to do a big search and find it. I love your double bow but can't believe you'll give up making your sweet ones. We'll miss them.

Your card is just adorable.

Nikki said...

Sweet card with an adorably cute image. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

Nikki

Judith said...

So cute Connie - I just love that image - thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at TPS this week hugs Judith x

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is a wonderful kitty image and your coloring is beautiful! Looking forward to seeing the images you are coloring up. Love your perfect bow too- congrats on your win : )

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the different layers you've added.

Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.

Helen x

Leanne said...

Great job, and I love the sketch too. Awesome you used this image, so cute. Thanks for playing our Inspiration Photo Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Cheers,
Leanne DT

La Vikinga said...

Hi there; what a great card and perfect bow!
Thanks for participating with our current challenge "Anything goes with ribbons" at Crafty Ribbons and welcome back!

La Vikinga / member of the design team at Crafty Ribbons

Jen said...

Such a darling card!!! Thank you for joining my Throwback Thursday Challenge. Hope you come back again this week!

Faith A said...

Love what you have done with this card, the different shapes in the middle are just great and that image so cute, your bow certainly is gorgeous too.
Hubby made me a bow maker years ago, I love it. LOL.

Debbie said...

I love LOTV and you've coloured it beautifully.Thanks for joining the Scribble and Scrap challenge, good luck.

Beth Brovold said...

Oh I know what you mean...I have a ton of LOTV stamps and sadly I don't use them much!! You have coloured this sweet little kitty to perfection...a beautiful card!! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy...good luck!!
Take care,
Beth

Margaret said...

Love this image. Of course, it has a kitty. Great coloring and design. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Good luck. Maggie - DT

Dawn Lancaster said...

Sweet & adorable! Love the sketch too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

chanya13 said...

Fabulous creation with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments Challenge. Agnieszka DT

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Awww! That little kitty is just adorable! Beautiful coloring on this pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Jenn Cochran said...

LOVE your adorable project. Thank you so much for playing along with Really Reasonable Ribbon! Hope to see you again soon.

Jenn
DT

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Such a lovely card with this sweet image. I love the gorgeous bow! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at In the Pink!
Rebecca.
x