Thursday, March 19, 2015

Hell of a Spring !

If you're looking for my Twisted Thursday post, please scroll down to the next post.

     So the northeast has record snow and storms all winter and now the temperatures warm up, the snow melts, and the floods start.  This card is a bit outside my norm but I'm sending it to relatives who live near the Ohio River.  Of course, with the flooding, there are a lot more people who are 'near' the Ohio River than usual.  So I guess this has to be for all of you who are facing the massive northeastern snowmelt with a bit of trepidation.  :-D

     The image is from Rick St. Dennis; a little bit 'dark,' maybe brightened a bit with the sentiment.     :-D


     I used ProMarkers to color, then die cut both the image and the mat.  The black ribbon is threaded through two, photo-corner punched spots.  The sentiment is hand cut and matted.  I added three pearls on each side of the sentiment and layered it all onto a black card front.  I love the CAS, masculine look of it.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps & More
Corrosive Challenge
Crafting by Designs
Crafting from the Heart
Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Inspiration Destination
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Mema's Crafts
Sisters of Craft

     Check back tomorrow for the new challenge from QKR Stampede and my DT card for it.  In the meantime, Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

18 comments:

  1. LOL!! OK, this image is too funny...and he's holding a flower!! :) Fabulous coloring my friend and thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, so true for those who live near the rivers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Thanks for joining us at Mema's Craft's. PennyRae DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card thanks for sharing with FTT Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, love the image and design. Thanks for joining us over at Lil Patch of Crafting Friends, wish you luck and hope to see you for C#7.
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I applaud your hard work and lighter sentiment for this dark image...strange and scary little guy! Yup, lots of water now that the snow is melting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring is amazing. Sorry to hear about the flooding. We are hoping that our snow melts slowly or we might float away.

    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sense of humor....Great coloring of the image. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sentiment is so perfect for the situation! Outstanding colouring. Thanks for joining ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Slightly frightening but fun image.
    Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATSM challenge
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha ha, how funny is that! Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool, made me giggle! Thanks so much for joining in with the Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge. Creative Blessings, Tracy x SOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's cute in a strange way. Definitely for grown-up boys... wouldn't want to scare the little children! LOL.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun card, Ginny! I love the idea of lightening up a darker image with a fun sentiment. Great thinking!! Thanks for linking up with us at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! This one really made me smile. I adore the image and the colouring is super. Great sentiment. Sorry I'm late commenting, thanks for playing along with ASM!!

    Wearing my RSD EDT hat - I love this image.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for joining Mema's Crafts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh-Wee he's a creepy lil' dude! I love the way you coloured him. Thanks for sharing with us at Mema's Crafts; good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.