Friday, March 20, 2015

Bunnies for Sale?

     Here we are, another challenge Friday at QKR Stampede and our theme this week is "Think Spring."  I used Digi 10605 "Basket of Bunnies."  I admit the sentiment is mine alone and I have to take full responsibility for the silliness of it.  I just thought the expression of her face looked like total surprise!  lol  Do you think she's trying to sell those bunnies the way some of us would try to sell (give away) a basket of puppies or kittens?


My design is based on the sketch from Digi Sketch but my square is an oval.  
I put my embellishment bow at the top instead of flowers at the bottom.
I used colors from the inspiration photo at House That Stamps Built.

     20150317-195125.jpg

     I used my ProMarkers to color the image and then die cut it with one of my framing dies from Spellbinders.  The sheer ribbon is recycled from something -- don't remember what but it had been wrapped around something like a small box or flat package.  The bow was already tied.  I cut it from the rest of the ribbon, added some Tacky Glue to the knot so it wouldn't come apart, and used the straight piece as my background strip.  Waste not, want not.  And when you love ribbon embellishments (favorites of mine) as much as I do, that can be important.  :-D

     Challenges:
Artistic Inspirations
Corrosive Challenge
Craft-Dee Bowz
Crafter's Cafe
Crafting for all Seasons
Crafty Gals Corner
Craft Your Passion
Creative Card Crew
Get Creative
Going Grey with Scrap Creations
Inky Impressions
Inspiration Destination
Outlawz Greetings
Paper Shelter
Pink Elephant
Scrapy Land
Simon Says Stamp

     I do love Fridays because I get to play with the fun and fabulous images from QKR Stampede.  Remember, you don't have to use one of our images to play but if you do, you'll be in a separate drawing just for QKR players and that really increases your chances of winning.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

33 comments:

Jo said...

Love this NanaConnie, that image is adorable & the sentiment just right! I'd have that basket of bunnies anyday!
hugs Jo x

you can find my CANDY here
you can find my ATC Swap here

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant card Ginny x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I love love love love love your card and YES. ...your sentiment! Coloring is awesome and perfect. And never would had thought of buying the bunny...now another to add to my long wish list!

Donna Ellis said...

How cute, Connie! I love that you used the inspiration colors from the challenge to create your multi colored stitched bunny! Those little "peeping" bunnies in the basket are the perfect contrast to their "mama". And as always, your sentiment is perfect and humorous! LOL - very cute (and pretty)! hugs, de

Faith A said...

Your sentiment is perfect for this little bunny, she is so pretty and love the colours you have used.

Becca Cruger said...

Haha - your sentiment definitely made me GRIN! Thanks for the silliness and I adore your sweet card. Thanks for linking it up over at Crafty Gals Corner!

Cumbrianlass said...

A wonderful image making a fabulous card NC the colours you have used are super.
Hugs
Janet xxx

Lori Kobular said...

I think your sentiment is perfect for that image! I love how you colored it, so cheerful and Springy!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #14!

Asha said...

All her eggs hatched into bunny rabbits?! I want those eggs! Cute card, NC. Hope you had a fab b'day.
hugs, Asha

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Connie, I do love this card, the bunnies look adorable and loving the colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Chasing the Dream said...

Awe this image is so cute and adorable, sweet colors and composition. So perfect for the Easter holiday. Can I have one of those eggs.
Hugs
Berni

Teresa Arsenault said...

Sweet card and those baby bunnies are so cute. I think they will get grabbed up pretty quickly.
Hugs,
Teresa

Sassy Raggedy said...

How cute NC love the color combo and that sentiment is so you....lol Hugs, joann

Mynn Kitchen said...

Connie, this is super darling! I LOVE the fun image and your coloring is beautiful! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

PS: I'd LOVE for you to stop by my blog and check out my Pony CASE-Press tab--if you'd like to play along, please email me! LOVE your work! :)

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous Spring card love your image and your layout and colour choice. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Donna Ellis said...

I'm back with a different comment for your sweet bunny, Connie! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

MiamiKel said...

This is absolutely the cutest! I love love love your coloring of the bunny - so unique!
I've been admiring your work for so long now, and wanted to stop by to say how much I love your cards - so unique, cheerful and beautiful all in one!
I'm a new follower and look forward to seeing all your cards ♥

Kathy S said...

Super creative - love the dual tone bunny colors. Works perfecting for The House That Stamps Built challenge this week. Thanks for joining us - we really appreciate it. Take care and good luck.

Joanna Solecka said...

what a lovely card!!! thanks for taking part in our challenge :)

Eemeli said...

Oh, I like this a lot. And it also fits perfectly to our "Use Green" challenge at Get Creative. Good luck in the draw!

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Tanvi Shah said...

Such an adorable card! Thank you so much for sharing at Craft Your Passion#253. Good Luck!

Michelle said...

This bunny is so cute. Lovely colouring.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion. Hope we see you again a next challenge.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Teresa Kline said...

hello Connie! super cute card, fabulous coloring! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Anne Temple said...

How cute! Love how you colored this sweet bunny. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Michelle Windsor said...

This is so cute thank you for joining us at digi sketch challenge
Michelle DT

Michelle Windsor said...

This is so cute thank you for joining us at digi sketch challenge
Michelle DT

Vicki Milyard said...

cute card, bunnies for sale.... cute. Love your coloring and your card is great. thanks for joining us at creative card crew.

karalschuknecht said...

This is so cute. I love the colors you used and your sentiment too.

Samantha A. said...

What a pretty card!
Thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Gals Corner!
♥ Samantha
Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
Crafty Gals Corner

Donna said...

Connie, this is so cute and I love your re-purposing! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge.

Kren Kurts said...

NC, love this image and what you did with it! TFS!

Elfies-Bastelstube said...

Beautiful Card love the Soft Colours and the Image and all the Little Details.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Hugs Elfie

Bianca said...

This is such a lovely project! The pastel colours are looking so very fab. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. Hugs, Bianca