Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Birthday for a Friend

     I had to wait until today to get this posted because I wanted to make sure Cely had gotten the card before it went up on the blog.  She e-mailed to say she got it on Saturday, which was her birthday.  I was thrilled since I had mailed it late and was sure it would be a day or two behind.  Her son also has a March birthday, as do I.  All these wonderful Pisces people. :-D


I used a sketch which I found at The Outlawz Sketch challenge. 


     The image is the Gerda Steiner freebie for the Progressive Challenge at The Outlawz this month.  I colored with ProMarkers, then cut the image with a die from QuicKutz.  The blue dp and the yellow card base were both in my stash.  The ribbon came from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  The paper flower was 'dyed' that color by using a ProMarker that matched up with the darker yellow on the birdie in the image.  I added a flat gemstone to the center of the flower.  I was trying to keep it as flat as possible for mailing.

     Challenges:
Catch the Bug
Connie Can Crop
Craft for the Craic - Top row
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper
Di's Digi Designs
Hiding in My Craft Room
Mema's
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Sister Act
Sisters of Craft

     After a couple of days of no crafting, no posting, and no driving, my back is feeling better and I hope that's the last of it.  I much prefer being up and around and active.  But I am going to spend most of today in traction by doctor's orders so wish me luck. :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

  1. This is so cute and a bonus for you that it arrived on time. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. When you back is hurting it seems like your whole body hurts. Glad you are going into tractor today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is one adorable image! Connie, I love the colors and the sweet shading you have achieved - friends truly try to remember, and they always have a way of making things better, don't they? love, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute elephant with that twisted trunk and a very sweet card.
    I'm happy to hear your back is doing better...take care of it and yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, love the images and gorgeous ribbon.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it NanaC! That sketch is brilliant & I love your image! Oh, & the ribbon!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you have done with this little image, a GREAT card.

    Yep! us Pisceans are great people aren't we - (and modest LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's as darling as can be here on you post but it is twice as darling and sweet in person. Something about touching that changes everything. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie. What a sweet card and how wonderful your friend received this lovely card in time for her b-day.That image is darling and your coloring is really great! Thanks for joining us at Mema’s Crafts challenge this month. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Don't forget to vote and add your name to the bonus challenge { Mema’s Crafts Bonus Challenge} for more ways to win. Good luck Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your back is on the mend so that you can do more of that gardening that you like. Sweet card - I'm sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stinkin' cute! I love that image, and you colored him so nicely. Baby elephants are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This image is absolutely adorable!! Fabulous take on the sketch too!! I know your friend will love it! :) So glad to hear that your back is getting better my friend!! Take it easy!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute. Thanks for playing along with Mema's Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh this is totally adorable! My Daughter is a big fan of elephants...she'd love this! Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Catch The Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super sweet! Thanks for sharing your sweet ribbon card in our challenge, and please join us again soon.
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! gorgeous birthday card....Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge this fortnight.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for joining us at Mema's Crafts; good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card!
    Thanks for joining us this week, I hope your number comes up in the draw!
    Please join us again soon.
    Love
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous Thanx for joining in our SOC challenge good luck x

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.