Friday, February 27, 2015

Old House Mouse Advice

     I love Fridays because they mean I've gotten to play with yet another QKR Stampede image and I get to tell you about our latest challenge.  This week, our theme is "Circles" and most of my circles are either shaped a bit or rows of half-circles.  But then, I believe in taking a few liberties now and then.  :-D

    I used Old House Mouse, Digi 24203.  Doesn't she just make you giggle?  And she gives such sage advice about how to face life!  "Light a candle, don't curse the darkness."  :-D


I chose a sketch from Pile It On.
   
     I used ProMarkers to color the image and cut it with a Spellbinders die.  I freely admit I love the way the candlelight reflection on her clothing and face turned out.  I wasn't sure I'd get it right.  :-D

     I distressed the edges with inks.  The half-circle borders are done with a die from Cheery Lynn.  The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and it's one of my favorite sheer ribbons.  The gems making up the little circles are from my stash and I don't even dare to tell you how long I've had them.  The background paper is handmade from watercolor paper, painted with water color paints, and lightly stamped along one edge and the bottom with a couple of background stamps I have.

     Challenges:
Crafting for all Seasons
Cupcake Inspirations
Design Team Showcase
I {heart} ProMarkers
Incy Wincy
Inspiration Destination
Loves Rubber Stamps
Male Room
My Craft Creations
Path of Positivity
Scrapper's Delights
Simon Says Stamp
Tuesday Throwdown

     What a fast week this has been!   My plans for getting plants into the garden this weekend will probably have to change.  They've expanded the rain forecast to cover tonight, plus most of Saturday and Sunday.  I'm not complaining -- we need the rain out here in California.  But it would have been nice to get a few veggie plants started in the raised beds.  Oh well, maybe I'll take a trip over to the garden department at the home & garden store and grab some seeds and peat cups.  I can get a start on growing seedlings instead of buying plants at this point.  Some things I would have started from seed anyway, liked carrots and celery.  Now I can just plan on doing everything from seed.  That's what all of you who are buried under the snow will have to do for your gardens this year, right?

Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

39 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such a wonderful take on the sketch and you have coloured the image beautifully. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Donna Ellis said...

this is a wonderful sentiment, Connie! I often wonder why people will cast blame on others, or continue to put other people or events down, instead of doing their best to move forward in a positive way. This is a dear card - I love it so MUCH! (I especially like the age of the mousie with that sentiment) hugs, de

*Vicki* said...

This is a wonderful creation Connie! Love the sentiment and this is how I can look some days too! LOL!! Wow! I wish we were thinking about planting our garden right now, but I'm looking at about 3 inches of snow!! :) Happy weekend friend!

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the beautiful ribbon and fabulous image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Hanley said...

I got such a kick out of this image and I think you did a marvelous job with the candle reflection on her clothes. Not sure I would have even thought to do that. The sentiment is how we should all look at things. I like your gardening idea and yes, that is what we are going to have to do here in the East also. We usually plant small veggies plants in the ground around Memorial day, but I think it might be more like the 4th of July at this point. LOL Enjoy your weekend.

Ema M said...

Wow! Fantastic coloring detail! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Debbie's Time Out said...

Very cute card. Makes me smile. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

Margaret said...

Cute image. Great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Simon Says Stamp said...

Wow, Connie, I LOVE how much coloring detail you used in your image! Excellent sentiment!

Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

~Hugs~
Chelsey
Simon Says Stamp

Lynne Walker said...

Lovely fun card thank for joining incy wincy
Lynne D x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Sounds like you are going to have an awesome garden when the rain lets up and you plant. We don't plant till Good Friday or one week after Easter due to late frost. Your card ...awesome awesome awesome and your highlighting of the candle reflecting is PERFECT. OMG!

Davi said...

NC this card is just toooo cute!! Love that image, Im kinda feeling that way as I got home from work today LOL~ We are hoping to get a little bit of rain, I got beans and cukes planted so hope the rain will help to keep the seeds wet.

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is great and I love the sentiment, especially in view of all the winter storms we have had. Fortunately we only had to light candles once because of losing power.
Hugs,
Teresa

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is great and I love the sentiment, especially in view of all the winter storms we have had. Fortunately we only had to light candles once because of losing power.
Hugs,
Teresa

Sandy Hulsart said...

What an adorable image and wonderfully colored! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Nance E Salkeld said...

Adorable card, great coloring! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous fun image gorgeous card Ginny x

Tina said...

lovely card...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Faith A said...

Such a fun card, love that image.

Indy said...

What a super fun image and sentiment! Great coloring! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations for our Cute Critter Challenge! I invite you to come back tomorrow as we celebrate our 300th challenge! (Lots of super fun sponsors!)
Hugs, Debbie
DT Sweetie

Benzi said...

A wonderful card, Connie, and your candle reflection turned out great.
Good luck with your seeds. I know you're ready to get in that garden.

jimlynn said...

Connie, sounds like you're having the same kind of weather we are! Not very pretty, but we need the moisture too. You'll get that garden in soon.
Love your cute card. That mouse is so precious and yes, the sentiment is perfect. A pretty, pretty card!
Lynn

Michelle said...

Funny image and sentiment.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Hope we see you again a next challenge.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Debby said...

Hello there

Thanks for your reaction on my creation. And this is the bingo row I used.

two patterned paper-flowers-diecuts.

Love your creation as well.
have a great Sunday.....hugs Debby

Colette said...

Such a cute card. Thank you for playing along at Incy Wincy this week. Colette DT x

Rebecca Billard said...

Awesome cute card! Love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps! Rebecca

lalkygirl said...

what a fab card ,love the image and sentiment ...
Thanks for joining us at I love promarkers and good luck
tracey x

dragonllew said...

Great card thanks for joining our distressed challenge over at Incy Wincy.
Jenny x

Chasing the Dream said...

This is a cute image. Sometimes, I see myself like this without the candle. Just wandering in the dark bumping into the walls. Great take on the sketch.,/ Have a fab day,
Hugs
Berni

Marcy said...

Adorable card and fantastic coloring! Thanks for joining the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge this week!

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining us at Scrappers Delights good luck x

Pat said...

NC, I love your House Mouse image, and your card showcases it very well! Thanks for playing in the Path of Positivity challenge this month!

Dawn Lancaster said...

Love your circles & I love your colour combo! Such a cute card!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Anna Jasiolek said...

What a nice take on our sketch, this is a lovely card with a touch of humour. Thank you for joining us at Pile It On with our 'sketch' challenge and please come back again.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

M DelValle said...

What a cute card!! Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights! Maria

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh you are having so much fun at QKR. And I love it...I am giggling, giggling, giggling...Hugs, joann

Deborah Frings said...

Such a fun card. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute card - Thanks for joining in at TMR!

Kim Rippere said...

Sweet!

Thanks for entering Design Team Showcase.

Kim
Design Team Showcase
{Craftisan Studios}