Saturday, February 7, 2015

Not a Valentine!

     OK, you and I and everyone else in the card making world is in the middle of doing St. Valentine cards but I had to take a break and make a St. Patrick's card.  The image came from 2 Cute Ink and is a freebie which comes from their newletter subscription.  Since I was born on St. Paddy's Day, I had to use this adorable "Shamrock Bear" right away.  :-D


I used the sketch from Die Cuttin' Divas.


     The image is not colored, but rather paper pieced and I used the same papers for the background strips.  The image is fussy cut and layered onto a doily which I cut using a Cheery Lynn die.  I added green ribbon, a shamrock charm, and a bit of pearl flourish.

     All the papers are from my stash of scrapbook papers and I hate to admit how long they've been hanging around -- can you say "more than 5 years?"  I'm not sure if those are polka dots on the paper or mold.  :-D

     Challenges:
Catch the Bug
Clear It Out
Crafting by Designs
Incy Wincy (Column 3)
Loves Rubber Stamps
Not Just Cards
Papertake Weekly
Party Time Tuesday
Vintage Stamping/Flonz

     OK, so this is a short post but I had an appointment this morning and ran out of time to add anything more before I scooted out the door.  Enjoy your weekend and Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Faith A said...

What a fun card and a great idea too.

*Vicki* said...

That bear is so sweet!! What a fun design with the green colors and lace doily!! ;)

Donna Hanley said...

Well you will have a nice birthday coming up on St. Patty's day, huh? Let me wish you the best now, because you know I have no memory so I don't want it to slip by without say Happy Birthday. This little bear is cute and sitting in the circle of green. Love that little charm also. Have a good weekend.

Nikki said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Nikki

jimlynn said...

Nothing like getting the jump on St. Paddy's day with this cute card. I love the sentiment and that cute charm. The image....precious!!!
Lynn

Sandy Hulsart said...

What a cute little bear, love that bright green doily background. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Teresa Arsenault said...

So sweet. Love the little charm.
Hugs,
Teresa

Gerda said...

What a super cute card!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous and loving the cute doily and image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

L.B. said...

very sweet. the charm is a great touch. Thanks for playing along with DCD this week.

Shelly Schmidt said...

So cute NC- I love that you were born on St Patty's Day : ) Love all of the fun embellishments- pretty bow and love the charm!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Awww born on St. Patrick's Day...How wonderful. Mine is Valentine's Day. I love this green and the image is so cute. Great card as usual Connie. Hugs, joann

Dawn Lancaster said...

Cute image & a great card!
Hugs xx

Elina P. said...

Awesome card!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Party Time Tuesdays Anything Goes Challenge!! :)

Blankina said...

Love that doily! Great you could join our anything goes challenge at LOves Rubberstamps! Hope to see you soon,
Hugs Blankina

leslierahye strickland said...

What a sweet Shamrock card! I love it! Thank you for joining Cheery Lynn Challenges!