Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Morning Glories

     This morning, I've made a card using the new Doodle Pantry set of "Morning Glory" which has now been colored.  The previous set was just outline drawings but now you have a choice of several pre-colored images and of digital papers to match.  There are also several sentiments and even a scripture from Genesis, which I used on my card.  It seemed appropriate for spring, especially when I've been talking the last few days about getting  my garden planted.  :-D


I based my design on the sketch from STAMPlorations.


     I laid out the sentiment scripture first, then added the morning glory image to it before printing.   I die cut it but turned the die just slighty to get the slanted effect.  The lace ribbon came from my friend, Teresa (thanks again!), and the card front has been run through my "Linen" EF.  All the flowers are from my stash.

     The card is really pretty simple although it tends to look more complicated and has a lovely vintage feel to it, which I like very much.  I don't think it took me more than about 15 minutes to complete.

     Challenges:
Catch the Bug (3d row)
Crafting from the Heart
Digi Galore
DL.ART Thankful Thursday
Sister Act
Stempelsonnen
Suzy Bee's Bloomin'
Through the Purple Haze

     That's it for cardmaking today but I do want to tell you that we had a freak tornado yesterday about 40 miles from where I live, something very unusual in California!  No damage done since it hit in an agricultural area with no buildings or major highways nearby.  But it did give the weatherman something to relate during the local news last night.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

 Morning Glory 25% off it you buy it before February 27!

20 comments:

  1. Morning Glory is one of my all time favorite flowers. I have them growing up and over our mail box post every year. Your sentiment is perfect for you right now. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card and sentiment thanks for sharing with SBBC Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW GORGEOUS, CONNIE! LOVE YOUR COLORS AND THE PRETTY FLOWERS! XO (PS, sorry about the caps LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, the morning glories AND card are beautiful! One of my favorite flowers too. A beautiful scripture.
    Yikes on the tornadoes! We have then in the area often in the spring and they're just so scary! take care!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo lovely and the verse, well, I gotta use it soon. Thanks for some more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely and perfect with the scripture. At this time of season I wish I were a gardener so I could start planning for spring planting.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cards that has scripture verses. Beautifully crafted. Great design and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing..
    Hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card with all of your attention to detail!!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart and good luck!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how beautiful this is. That frame is awesome Connie. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the nicest cards i have seen in a long time.

    Fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really lovely, love the colours and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Design thank you for joining us over at SBBC we hope to see you again next week xxx
    Hugs
    Suzy B ~ Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty design! Thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elegant card! Love your delicate die cut and flower. Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing Bugaboo BINGO! with us this week. Good luck in the draw. We hope to see you join us again soon.
    love
    Jen L

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Through the Purple Haze this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. Such calming colors and pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sweet and elegant. I really like the use of that doily. Thank you for playing along at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, I love the image & I love your take on the sketch!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.