Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Happiness is...

     Who remembers all the old "Happiness is..." variations?  I think my favorite was one from the Peanuts cartoon which showed Snoopy cuddling with one of the kids and the title was "Happiness is a warm puppy."  That's so true!  Well, the sentiment on today's card is a take-off on that.  :-D

     This fun image is from one of the new Doodle Pantry sets being released today and the set is called "Ants in My Pants."  I love this set.  Great papers and images and sentiments (even though I chose to use my own sentiment this time), all in one set.  There's a photo of the set at the bottom of today's post.


My color palette was inspired by the 
inspiration photo over at 

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982011217620/

     This time I used one of the pre-colored images, die cut it with one of my earliest die sets from Spellbinders and matted it with brown CS die cut with larger die from that same set.  The plaid dp was a left over scrap hanging around my desk.  The bow is one of those I sew up by the dozens and put in my stash for use as needed.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Brown Sugar
Catch the Bug
Digi Galore
KreativGefluster
ScrapbookersPhD
Scrapy Land
Sister Act
Stempelsonnen

     Don't forget there's a challenge going at Doodle Pantry, too.  This month we have a theme of "Candy" with an optional twist of "Add Ribbon."  If you look at the sets which were released last week, you'll find a fun and wonderful set with lots of candy in it!   Come play along with us, won't you?  NanaConnie  

24 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

This is a darling set and you've done it proud. I really got a kick out of your sentiment. I also liked the picture of those cookies, but I think I should have breakfast before digging into the cookie job. LOL Enjoy your day.

Benzi said...

Connie, that's such a unique set and you did a fab job with it. I was looking at those yummy cookies and saw a kitty in the back...how cute. I bet it is your favorite.

Faith A said...

SO lovely and such a "warm" sentiment too

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Connie, this is really gorgeous, can you email me re bunny image, I cant find anywhere on your blog to email you
Kevin xx

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! What a fun set and talk about ants in your pants!!! Lovely creation NC!! :)

Linda Simpson said...

Love this Connie, another take on the words "ants in your pants" Love them. Beautiful sentiment too. I hope you are keeping well my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my gosh! This card is so cute and so perfect for a boy! I love the image and the sentiment you put together with it! I do remember those "Happiness Is" days very well! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #11!

Dreja said...

Ganz toll gemacht. Danke für die Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne.
LG Dreja

jimlynn said...

Too cute and fun! Love all the ants coming out of the pants. Great design for this too and a perfect sentiment once again!
Lynn

Chasing the Dream said...

HI NC, Been MIA and catching up. This is so darling for the perfect masculine Western / Rodeo card. I just love this set. The coloring on those pants are spectular. I am glad you used your own sentiment.
Hugs my friend
Berni

Lori Thomas said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us at If You Give A Crafter A Cookie. Good Luck and come back and see us soon! Lori - on behalf of If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog DT

Faith Wallace said...

Fun Card. Sometimes it is nice to use an image that is already colored. Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD's CAS (with a stamp) challenge. Good luck. DT - Faith

Teresa Arsenault said...

So cute. Love the colour palette.
hugs,
Teresa

Sue said...

Fabulous card, such a great image and I love the colours.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
Sue xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

I remember those Happiness Is... little things that were in he newspaper all the time. I think I still have some in a box somewhere. This is fantastic. I love the image and your color combo. Hugs, joann

Sandi said...

What a cute card!!! What a great color combo! Thanks so much for joining us at If You Give a Crafter A Cookie! Hope to see you again soon! xx

Kamila R. said...

What a pretty card! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act card challenge!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Super cute creation. Love it. Thanks for playing along this week at Brown Sugar. Good luck.

Lynn, BSCB DT

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks for joining in February Anything Goes Challenge @ Catch the Bug! I love all of your projects and appreciate you taking the time to join us!

sammi said...

Thank you so much for linking up with us in our “February Anything Goes” challenge at Catch The Bug! Please join us, again, next time, for a new sketch and more chances to win! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Donna Ellis said...

their pre-colored images are fantastic - but I must say - I love what you have to say about "happiness is..." and your sentiment - it's perfect for this image! Connie, I like that you individualize your cards so successfully (and with great charm) by using your own sentiments.

Now for my other hat: Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

What...again...I didn't leave a comment. I know I saw this and loved it because I used it too...and I love the sweetness much more than the one I used. I have to leave tomorrow in 5 degrees and I hope I have a warm pocket for sure!

Georgie C said...

Wow, super colouring skills!! Love you layout on this card, thanks for playing along at ScrapbookerPhD xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper