Monday, February 16, 2015

Fairy Kitten

     As soon as I saw this adorable image of a fanciful Fairy Kitten from A Day for Daisies, I knew I had to have it and get a card made for their challenge.  I also chose to use my favorite color, purple.


     The kitten is colored (barely) with ProMarkers and then I added loose glitter to the wings.  The doily was done with a die from Cheery Lynn and I hand cut the light lavender CS to match the shape of the doily.  The image is fussy cut and popped up with dimensional dots.

     All the papers came out of my scrap basket, including the piece for the sentiment.  The rose has been in my stash for a while.  This whole thing came together in about 8 minutes, not counting the time for the glue holding the glitter to dry.  That took about 6 minutes.

     Challenges:
Corrosive Challenge
Hiding in My Craft Room
Little Miss Muffet
Outlawz CAS
Robyn's Fetish
Simon Says Stamp
Sister Act
Speed Craft

     That's it for today and the rest of the week pretty much belongs to DT projects.  See you tomorrow when I'm back in harness.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

jimlynn said...

That's the cutest little fairy kitty I've ever seen! Precious with just the right amount of coloring and sparkle. Love the CAS design - AND all the purple!
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Purple was a hit for you and many of us out here in blog land. Love the three different shades of it. How cute is this fairy kitty with his glittered wings. Great use of your stash and scraps. Way to go.

massofhair said...

Fantastic colours, love the doily background and a very cute cat, wonderful creation in the 15 minutes Nan Connie. thank you for joining in with our Speed Craft challenge.

Mo :-)
DT Speed Craft Challenge

*Vicki* said...

Oh I do love the purple and what a cute little fairy indeed!! :) HUGS

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Connie! So pretty and the image is absolutely adorable.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

She's a beautiful fairy kitty and of course with your favorite color.

Anne Temple said...

How sweet

Teresa Arsenault said...

Oh, this is so darling. I love the glitter you added to her wings and the purple doily is the perfect backdrop.
Hugs,
Teresa

Chasing the Dream said...

Awe, a cute feline, decked out showcasing the purple background. She is sitting on royalty. Simply a sweet beauty.,
Hugs
Berni

Sassy Raggedy said...

Perfect amount of coloring. I love this image and with all the purple it is a beautiful card. Hugs joann

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is one of those WOW cards by you! I am not a cat lover, but this is so beautiful- love the shimmer you added and the purple backdrop is awesome!

Dawn Lancaster said...

Sweet little kitty! All that purple too! Heavenly!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Arielle H Gordon said...

What a sweet card! Love your coloring!

Natalie said...

super cute card :)
Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito
Stop by for my Birthday Candy :)

Michelle said...

This is a very beautiful card. I love the glitter on the wings and the purple is wonderful. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

Michelle (DT)

Asha said...

Aaaaw ... how cute is the little kitty! And he's got sparkly wings too! Perfect!
hugs, Asha