Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Butterflies and Tulips

     My second post for the day but I was inspired to make another Easter card.  I've been on a 'purple' craze this week, which isn't too hard since it's my favorite color, but part of it has been that I was cleaning up the scraps lying around on my desk and I had a lot of purple ones so....

     This gorgeous image is from Artbymiran and I just love it.  Beautiful spring image and I turned it into an Easter card.


I used the sketch from Digi Sketch.


     I colored the image with ProMarkers and took on the task of giving her sunshine blonde hair.  I don't do well trying to color blondes (nor am I talented with black hair), but I gave it a shot and am really happy with the results this time.  I must be learning as I go along.  I die cut the image and distressed the edges with  two ink colors.

     All the butterfly papers came from the Dream Catcher stack by First Edition.  I distressed the edges of each piece with black ink.  The purple bow is one of those I make by the dozen and I added a lace bow behind it.  The flowers all have gemstones added and I glittered one of the white ones and one of the purple ones.

     Challenges:
Artistic Inspirations
Craft-Dee BowZ
Cuttin' and Stampin'
Di's Digi Designs
Paper Nest Dolls
Party Time Tuesday
Pile It On
Not Just Cards
Sisters of Craft
Vintage Stamping

     I'll see you tomorrow with another post for the challenge over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday.  In the meantime, Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

jimlynn said...

Outstanding - and not just one the hair! Your entire card is so beautiful Connie and love that design you used. All the paper matches perfect. Your coloring is just sensational on here too!
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Your coloring of her Sunshine Hair is just perfect. I don't see where you have a problem with this color at all. This has a very nice backdrop with all these different papers helping to make your image pop right off the page. Have a fun evening.

Teresa Arsenault said...

That is a great sketch and your card is beautiful.
Hugs,
Teresa

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Not only is it gorgeous, but beautiful coloring and exquisite designer paper. My little Easter cards are so far very elementary. Wow! Beautiful!

Michelle Kinder said...

Adorable card! Thanks for joining the Cuttin and Stampin challenge

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for playing with us at Not Just Cards Challenges!
Monica - DT

CraftingMum said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise x

brenda said...

A really lovely creation and nice reminder that Spring is on it's way.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is gorgeous. Love the mix of colors and outstanding coloring.

Gail said...

Wow, this is striking in purple with that blonde hair. Beautiful highlights on her hair and wonderful papers! This is a pretty lay out and was great for this image. Your little lace bow is sweet! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ this month! Hugs, Gail

Benzi said...

Good job with the hair and her eyes are just beautiful. I love the purple tulips...can't wait to see some coming from the ground.

Asha said...

The colours are AWESOME! What a fab combo... even more fab is your flawless colouring!
hugs, Asha

Sassy Raggedy said...

Now I love that sketch all those layers are right up my alley...Beautiful coloring and card. Hugs, joann

Irene Chillman said...

Gorgeous card Connie, coloured beautifully. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenge.
Irene x

Cathy said...

Love your card, awesome sketch. going to try it. thanks for sharing with Cuttin' & Stamoin' challenge
Cathy Dt

Dawn Lancaster said...

How could I not love this one with all that purple! I love the sketch you've used too, works so well on your card! xx

caroline said...

beautiful card, lovely image and gorgeous backing papers, thanks for joining us at sisters of craft, good luck
caroline dt

Gail said...

Wow. This is a wonderful card. Your coloring is outstanding! That little purple bow caught my eye...it's not only cute, but it's my favorite color! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our February challenge! Hugs, Gail

Kelly Schelske said...

Beautiful card!

Thank you for playing along with us at Di's Digis!