Monday, February 2, 2015

Be My Valentine

     This morning I want to share with you a card I made with an image from an artist, Joyce Geleynse, whose artwork is new to me and I've fallen in love!   I first saw some of her art because she's sponsoring a challenge I often enter and I went on a buying spree.  :-D  She sells her work through Etsy under the name "Toadstool Printables."  This is the first image of hers I've used but definitely not the last.  Let me show you and you can tell me what you think.


I based this design on the sketch at The Outlawz.


     The image is hand colored with ProMarkers, then die cut with one of my oldest die sets from Spellbinders.  Even though I'm seriously addicted to die cuts, I forget about most of the older sets and some of them go back as much as 4 years.  I matted the die cut image with red CS and added gold photo corners for embellishment.

     My other two embellishments are the sequins and the flower.  The sparkly ribbon (another addiction) is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I added glitter to the edges of the rose in the image and then filled the sequins with Glossy Accents for a tiny bit of shine.  While I tend to have more matte on my cards than gloss or shine, for both Christmas and Valentine cards I think something glittery, shiny, &/or glossy is essential to catch the eye.  :-D

     Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks
Allsorts
As You Like It
Brown Sugar
Catch the Bug
C.R.A.F.T.
Crafty Creations
Design Team Showcase
Flashback Friday
Friend of Speedy
Glitter n Sparkle
Great Impressions
Inky Impressions
Mod Squad
Ribbon Girl
Sweet Stampin'
Tuesday Throwdown

     OK, a new week is under way, a new month started yesterday, and I'm getting my DT commitments done so that I'll have a few hours for just plain 'my time' crafting.  The silly part is that I always enjoy my DT projects just as much so it's odd to try to differentiate them.  Ah, well...  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

33 comments:

  1. Adorable card and awesome coloring. Il. Have to check out this new artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute image. I can see why you are in love with her work. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Connie this is gorgeous and I can see why you love her artwork. She is gorgeous and loving the die you have used.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and fabulous coloring of this sweet image. Your rose looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO pretty, Connie! LOVE that image--your coloring is amazing! That bloom is perfect, too! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your roses and how you added the glitter to the edges...look fab. Super pretty card, Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your flower! Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! What a cute, cute image! Love your frame around it and all the sparkle and shine too. FANTASTIC!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card - like the die and the image you used. A rat bearing a rose - I wonder if this is a comment on anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Connie, I must tell you how I love your blog header, those kittens are adorable. And what a fabulous card you created with this cute mouse and his rose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi NC, so sorry for being MIA. This is so adorable and perfect for Valentine. Awesome image and composition, you know me and those felines and this is no exception.
    Hugs
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, this is so sweet and you did a clever job of coloring this fellow. I noticed the shadow of the flower on his back.

    It is nice to get commitments taking care of early on; extra nice that you really enjoy fulfilling your DT commitments.

    Heartfelt Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card NC!! I love that image and you did a fab job coloring it too. So glad you shared it with us at FOSTV!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card and beautiful job coloring it up! Love the rose. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card and a gorgeous rose so perfect for our theme Connie.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card. :-D
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges this fortnight. :-D
    Milka DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at c.r.a.f.t. Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. NC, this is absolutely ADORABLE!! Love that sweet image and your gorgeous die cut borders!! I too have some that are REALLY old and I forget about! :) So happy you have pulled them out again for a play because this is perfect and sweet!! Thanks so much for sharing your creation at my Flashback Friday Challenge! I hope you will join every Friday with me! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey NC! Here to also thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Throwdown Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member
    Hope you'll join our new challenge today my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful coloring Connie. I will have to check out the website. Your card is fantastic. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful coloring Connie. I will have to check out the website. Your card is fantastic. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well! that "dirty rat" is making a play for her and with a great rose too LOL. A GREAT image beautifully set off with this card, love your dies with this too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely sweet card thanks for sharing with brown sugar Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute card!! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, Connie! you did a great job with the promarkers, and such a beautiful card design! Love it! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin', your card is so lovely. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  27. sweet as can be , even mice fall in love thanks for sharing at FOSTV MFP......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job, love the die you used, and the ribbon and flower nice touch. Awesome flower image, mouse freaks me out :), but cool...Thanks for playing our ATG Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Leanne
    4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  29. Who would have thought a rat could be romantic, love it so cool well done great choice. Thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a pretty and romantic card - just perfect for our 'love' challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very sweet, fab interpretation of our challenge this week. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Sweet Stampin' challenge this week for our 'Love' challenge. Glad you joined us. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful image NanaConnie the die cut frame is gorgeous! Love your colouring and papers. Now I put my DT hat on and thanks for joining us for Catch the Bug anything goes challenge hope to see you again! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such lovely coloring!! Beautiful card!

    Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.