Sunday, January 25, 2015

Vintage Silhouette

     In my head, this started out to be a really CAS card but it had a mind of its own and just took off.  :-D


     I ran the green CS through my "Linen" embossing folder and then did the silhouette on top of the embossing.  I added the swirly lace (a left over scrap trimmed to fit) as a collar piece and realized then how vintage she looked.  At that point, I wrote out the sentiment across the top using a black gel ink pen.

     I remembered that I had just purchased some lace this morning so I dug it out of the bag (not even put away yet!), trimmed a piece to fit and adhered it to the top of the card front.  Hmmm, the CAS look was pretty much gone at that point, so I found some feathers in my stash, both black and white, and added them to the hair as though they were on a hat.  I love feathers as an embellie but forget to use them often enough.

     I used a pearl flower and a few green gems to give a bit of definition to the hat and that gave me the idea of using more green gems to make a necklace.  I added three green gems to the corner.  You can't believe how much sparkle that adds, even though it doesn't show really well in the photo.

     After realizing that all hope of staying CAS was totally gone, and that the design was really unbalanced from side to side, I dug out the white flowers (three glittered and two plain), added yellow pearls to them and made the v shape below the lace.  I think this would make a fabulous birthday card for a lady, don't you?

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
Allsorts
Aud Sentiments
City Crafter
Glitter n Sparkle
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations
Inspiration Destination
Just Inspirational
Penny's Paper Crafty
Red Rubber Inspirationals
Sister Act
Top Tip Tuesday
Tuesday Throwdown

     Hope you enjoy this card and Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful vintage card. I didn't even realize there was a linen embossing folder. Love how it looks.

jimlynn said...

Very vintage looking and beautiful! Love that gorgeous lace and yep, the feather is the crowing touch! Beautiful!!!
Hope you're feeling somewhat better.
Lynn

Cathy Kuntz said...

I love your card . I have to get busy and use some of the beautiful silhouette ladies I have. Thank you for stirring me up.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Silhouettes are always so elegant. I love the way you added to her costume with lace, feather and hat pin. Very clever indeed.
Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Wendy L said...

And it turned into a wonderful card too, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Don't you just love how a card takes on a mind of its own? LOVE the vintage feel of this one. Love the lace. Thanks so much for Joining us this week on Just Inspirational Challenges.
Linda K. DT

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Connie thank you for joining us this week at Inspiration Destination
Dianne x (DT)

Ros Crawford said...

Super card and great use of the feather! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card and gorgeous green.
We are having a DT call and you still have time to enter
.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Elaine Stark said...

A great vibrant yet vintage looking card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Linda Simpson said...

I am so loving this creation Connie, I do love the beautiful silhouette and how you have embellished her.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

Thank you for taking part in our JIC challenge, your card is so delightful and delicate,
and is a joy to look at .. good luck hugs tracy

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

sian said...

what a lovely elegant card. Thank you for entering JIC challenge this week, I hope you will join us next week when the challenge will be - Heat Embossing. Sian - JIC Co-Owner

Stella said...

Elegant and classy; and a beautiful way to use oour theme. Thanks for sharing and being with us at CCCB!

Penny Nantell said...

Very Cute. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. Penny Rae DT

*Vicki* said...

I do love those silhouette type of images!! You've turned this into a stunning Vintage artwork my friend! :)

Crafting Vicky said...

wow you really did good with this. Love the use of the lace on it. And of course the feathers. I too have an issue remembering it...

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Top Tip Tuesday. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a giveaway

Asha said...

So elegant! A real lady's card. The lace trim is gorgeous!
hugs, Asha

Chana said...

Beautiful design! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create! We love seeing you in the neighborhood.
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

The black really stands out against the green! Thank you for joining my challenge at the Red Rubber Inspirationals this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs