Thursday, January 8, 2015

Twisted Thursday Gate Fold with Bugaboo

     It's Thursday and that means a new challenge at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday.  Remember, our theme is always "Anything Goes" but there's an optional twist each week.  This week, the twist is to do a 'gate fold' card.  If you do just the Anything Goes part, then you can enter only once.  If you add the twist, you can enter a second time.

     Our sponsor for January is Bugaboo Stamps and I chose to use an image new for me, called "ggtouchcoffee" and the sentiment which goes with that stamp.  Here are photos showing the front, the inside, and one which emphasizes the gate fold.


  

     I colored the digi with ProMarkers and added a bit of glitter to her glasses.  I used some gold mesh and made the bow from a bit of lace (a new bow making technique for me and something I'll be doing more and more since I really love these!)   I used punches on the corners of the matted image and sentiment and called it finished, a nice CAS design with lots of open, white areas.

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
Art Impressions Stamps
Catch the Bug
Crazy 4 Challenges
Love to Create
My Craft Creations
Not Just Cards
Quirky Crafts
Scribble and Scrap
Suzy Bee's Bloomin'

     If you're not yet a member of The Outlawz, come join.  It's a fantastic place to share your crafting and card making, meet other like-minded folks, get some fabulous inspiration, and there are seven new challenges each week!   I joined nearly 3 1/2 years ago and have met some of the most wonderful and supportive crafters over that time.  Last Thanksgiving, give or take a few days, I became a DT for the Twisted Thursday group and I love being there.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

  1. This looks so much like me in the morning, but I have ginger ale instead of coffee. Love that gold mesh. Have a good day. I don't want the 100° days for you to come too soon Connie, but I'd take 32° right now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful gate fold card Connie! Love that cute image and sorta looks like me - but no coffee. VERY cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I love this image and the sentiment sure made me laugh.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I love this image and the sentiment sure made me laugh.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another quirky image - they always amuse me! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! What a fun card! Thanks for joining our What's New? challenge at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and how you did the gate fold. Awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and I love the sentiment. LOL!

    Hugs & smiles,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic job on your card and that image is just way too funny. Love how you did your gatefold card. Wonderful sentiment and I love the way you make of all. Hope your vacation was glad.
    Hugs Pat)♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny creation! I love image and design!
    Thanks for playing at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute image, NC. Could easily be Baby Stella! Great job colouring the little imp! Miss you at TT...
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

  12. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Quirky Crafts. Good Luck in the voting, come back and see us soon! Lori - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining in our January Anything Goes Challenged @ Catch the Bug!
    I love all of your projects and appreciate you taking the time to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your CAS card! Thanks so much for joining us for our ANYTHING GOES Challenge this week. Pop back soon to see if you’re a winner, and to join in the new challenge here at Bugaboo’s Catch the Bug blog.
    Love
    Jen Leeflang (BUGABOO STAMPS)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such fun, love that image and sentiment AND Bugaboo. Love your bow and webbing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous interactive card~ Thanks so much for joining in at AAA!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year! Thanks so much for playing with AAA Cards this past year! Each game has brought us new friends and fun new ideas in card making. We whole heartily send a happy hug with our thanks and we hope you’ll enjoy the new year with us as well. We look forward to you and your cards when we restart on February 1st 2015.

    “Use a little GOLD”...
    Hi Connie! Leave it to you to bring the fun to the game! Thanks so much for sharing the smiles!

    Wishing you a wonderful year. Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun this card is Connie. I love how you use all different designs with your cards. I take my hat off to you....oh yea I don't wear a hat...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab and fun CAS card. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every comment and I so much appreciate the encouragement you give me. Thank you for taking the time to comment.